Details: The annual gross salary for this position is UGX 90,348,836.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and coordinate thought leadership and action on youth-led research findings. The role will work to support Restless Development on innovating best practices in sharing our research findings to catalyze discussions around collaborative actions, with specific focus on the Youth Think Tank as our flagship research programme.
The project is a collaboration between Restless Development’s Uganda and US hubs. The role will be based in Kampala, Uganda and will work closely with the US Hub team who are based in New York.
Objectives of the Role:
- Influence and mobilize priority audiences to catalyze action on youth economic opportunities research findings, with particular focus on the agricultural technology and hospitality and tourism publications.
- Build the capacity of the Global agency on how to use research findings to inform and influence other stakeholders in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
- Train and mentor 6-10 young researchers to share evidence and discuss recommendations at up to 6 thought leadership events (youth events and policymaker/practitioner events).
- Promote youth-led research, as well was the Youth Think Tank (YTT) technical assistance offers.
- Support the young researchers, particularly the YTT technical assistants, to produce targeted research briefs, webinars, op-eds/blogs.
- Support young researchers, particularly the YTT technical assistants, to conduct meetings to co-create solutions and catalyze actions with priority audiences (donors, private sector actors, CSO/NGOs).
- Develop resources (guidance notes, webinars, etc.) on best practices in sharing for discussion and action for Restless Development staff and provide top-line technical assistance to other teams on how to share their research findings.
Essential skills and experience:
- A University Degree, Graduate-level Degree or equivalent work experience international development/economic studies, research and workforce development or entrepreneurship.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in the area of livelihoods, employment and/or entrepreneurship, ideally focused on youth
- Experience in interpreting and sharing research reports; knowledge management
- Strong skills and experience in developing communications for thought leadership and/or advocacy
- Experience of planning, developing and managing projects or events
- Experience working in Africa and/or with partners in Africa on youth and/or economic development
- Knowledge of/experience with the international development sector (primarily the US and Canada, but also Europe); direct experience or partnership experience with funders, the private sector, and African regional development bodies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking, and fluent written/spoken English
- Experience and skills in remote communication and inter-country working
- Strong logistical and organizational skills
Desired skills and experience:
- Previous research experience, particularly in producing research reports
- Knowledge of the agrifood system/agricultural technologies and/or hospitality and tourism industries
- Experience in supporting young people to participate and speak at conferences, webinars and in high level meetings
For details on the role and application instructions, please go to http://restlessdevelopment.org/uganda-international-manager-of-research-action
We are proud to commit to a transparent global salary scale, ensuring a fair and comparable system of pay across all global locations. The annual gross salary for this position is UGX 90,348,836 annual gross.
- 24 days annual leave (in addition to public holidays and with an extra day of annual leave given for each full year of service, up to a maximum of 28 days).
- Access to flexible working and time in lieu offered for any work on holidays and weekends.
- Generous study leave, and maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the Job Title in the Subject. Please note we DO NOT accept CVs, resumes or cover letters. Applications will be considered and reviewed on a rolling basis, with interviews starting in mid-November, until the position is filled.