We are looking for an Administrative Officer to join our team and support our daily office and project needs. This position will report directly to the Managing Director and will assist the Managing Director and other members of the project’s leadership team in various ways.
About the Fair Punishment Project / Justice Collaborative www.fairpunishment.org / thejusticecollaborative.com
The Fair Punishment Project is helping to create a fair and accountable justice system through research, legal action, public discourse, and educational initiatives. Our current areas of focus include prosecutorial accountability, bail reform, juvenile life without parole and direct file, drug reform, the criminalization of poverty, and the death penalty. FPP works closely with Harvard Law School’s Criminal Justice Institute and The Justice Collaborative at The Advocacy Fund.
● Be the point of contact for all employees with respect to administrative support and managing personnel related queries and needs (e.g., reimbursements, etc.).
● Be the point of contact for all vendors, contractors, etc., facilitating the processing of contracts, invoices, payments, etc.
● Organize a filing system for important and confidential project documents
● Distribute and store correspondence (e.g., FOIA productions, etc.)
● Maintain and update office policies as needed
● Maintain and update project databases
● Maintain and update a project calendar
● Schedule all-project calls, group gatherings, and external events
● Arrange travel and accommodations as needed ● Assist in the preparation of development documents and presentations as assigned
● Interface with fiscal sponsor staff on personnel and financial matters
● Maintain and update internal reports on expenses and budgets
● Ultimately, ensure the project’s administrative activities run smoothly on a daily and long-term basis
● Proven work experience as an Office Manager, Administrative Officer, Administrator or similar role
● Solid knowledge of basic filing, budgeting, accounting, and other office procedures
● Experience with Google Suite programs, high level of comfort with technology.
● Strong organizational skills with a problem-solving attitude
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Attention to detail
● College graduate preferred; additional qualifications in Office Administration are a plus.
Note: Location is flexible. The Administrative Officer may live anywhere in the U.S., however preference may be given to individuals based in the Austin, SF Bay Area, or Boston areas.
● This position is full time and the salary is highly competitive.
● Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
● 401k benefits
● Medical and dental benefits provided.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Administrative Officer” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Preference will be given to applications submitted before April 31, 2018, but the position will remain open until filled.