1875 I Street Northwest
District of Columbia
MISSION AND VISION
Korean Americans in Action (KAA) is a new 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage and mobilize Americans of Korean descent to influence public policy and to elect representatives who will work with us to advance our priorities. We envision a United States where no Korean American feels like an outsider, and all Americans have an equal opportunity to pursue their dreams.
Korean Americans in Action seeks a full-time Program Associate to assist with building the nation’s most influential lobbying and political organization for Korean Americans.
KAA has a grassroots-based membership. With a Korean American population of 1.8 million, KAA’s ambition is to build a membership base of tens of thousands of members. This position will help lay the groundwork to achieve that goal over the next several years.
KAA will be involved in connecting Korean American constituents to their elected officials and the White House to lobby on matters important to our community. KAA will also set up mechanisms to support and fund candidates for office who support our agenda. This position will support these areas of work as well as the basic operations of a fast-growing advocacy organization.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for routine communications with KAA and the Executive Director
- Maintains the calendars of the Executive Director and staff as assigned
- Coordinates and manages travel arrangements, such as reservations, itineraries, and appointments
- Provides assistance for event planning
- Provides support for meetings, including note taking
- Works with and maintains information and communication systems including, but not limited to, G-suite, MailChimp, WordPress, QuickBooks
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the organization’s goals and values
- Performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; and (1) one to (3) three years of related experience in a non-profit advocacy or political setting; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Speaking, reading and writing in Korean is a plus
- Experience with politics, political campaigns, policy advocacy is a plus
- Enthusiasm for KAA’s mission and vision
- Experience with administrative and operational support, and the willingness to support all members of the team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to follow-up and follow-through as needed
- Advanced skills in word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs; intermediate math skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties but also the ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to travel and work varying schedules, including evenings and weekends
- Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities
Health/dental insurance - 100% premium coverage
SIMPLE IRA employer match
Level of Language Proficiency
Korean written, oral - a plus
Minimum Education Required