2759 Webster Avenue
Part of the Solution (POTS) is a “one-stop shop” helping low-income individuals and families move from crisis to stability and, ultimately, self-sufficiency. POTS helps 30,000 people, including 9,000 children, annually. Currently, services include a Community Dining Room; a Food Pantry; Clothing Room, Shower, and Mail Facilities; Barbershop; Case Management; a Legal Clinic; Employment Services and the POTS Family Club.
About the position
The Operations Manager will be responsible for performing a range of administrative functions to ensure that POTS staff has the resources, technology and space needed to maintain operational capacity and productivity. The Operations Manager will coordinate central day-to-day administrative processes and engage in project management for long-term upgrades and change.
· Office and facilities management: Work with vendors and oversee internal staff to ensure that offices are maintained, supplies are available, equipment needs are met and building functions are operational and safe.
· Project management: Improve staff work flow by identifying challenges and creating and managing processes to find and implement cost effective and creative solutions. Ensure long-term resilience of physical plant by overseeing renovation projects.
· IT and other vendor oversight: Serve as point person for maintenance vendors for IT and other equipment and building operations systems to ensure that they are functional and maintained as appropriate.
· Ad hoc office admin support: Manage documentation of insurance claims, petty cash and staff document distribution. Other admin support as it arises.
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years of experience or 10+ years directly relevant experience.
· Proactive in addressing internal administrative needs.
· Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
· Experience performing one or more administrative processes.
· Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
· Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
· Ability to analyze information to report to others, coordinate activities, and solve problems.
· Office management, IT systems oversight, and/or building maintenance experience.
· Database skills, including managing and tracking data, and producing reports.
· Excellent “customer service” skills and focus.
· Basic to intermediate Spanish language ability.
Level of Language Proficiency
Intermediate Spanish language could be helpful, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Operations Manager.” The cover letter must include a description of the applicant's qualifications, Spanish language ability and salary requirements.
POTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. POTS encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.