Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. Our network of more than 240 corporations expands opportunities for people with disabilities across enterprises. Our organization and 25 affiliates raise a collective voice of positive change for people with disabilities in business.
Disability:IN promotes disability inclusion by heightening awareness, advising corporations and sharing proven strategies for including people with disabilities in the workplace, supply chain, and marketplace. We expand opportunities for people with disabilities by helping companies invigorate their disability initiatives, explore best practices, incorporate culture changes, and realize positive business outcomes.
Disability:IN seeks an innovative, energetic Talent Acquisition Coordinator with a specialty in diversity/disability recruiting to add to our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Source, target, and recruit talent in collaboration with Disability:IN Corporate Partners using innovative techniques and resources including developing strong relationships with non-profit and government agencies through networking and cold calling.
· Lead college campus recruiting efforts with energy and enthusiasm, which includes cultivating long-term relationships with disability student services offices, career centers and professors with a focus on HBCUs and HSIs.
· Consult with corporate representatives from companies of various sizes in an array of industries to develop recruiting plans to reach diverse candidates with disabilities.
Work Environment and Travel Requirements
· Disability:IN is a fully remote organization; employees are expected to operate independently from a home office (including after COVID-19 pandemic).
· Position requires occasional travel at least 3-5 times a year (post COVID-19)
· Occasional night and weekend work may be required.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in HR/business/ or related field; or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum three years of “corporate” recruiting experience.
Salary and Benefits:
· Starting salary commensurate with experience.
· Future salary adjustments will be based on individual and organizational performance.
· Disability:IN offers generous benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a retirement plan, flex spending accounts, and unlimited paid time off.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), social media platforms, and networking platforms.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of communication principles and practices.
· Ability to prioritize and multitask, with attention to detail and the capacity to meet deadlines with minimal direction.
· Outstanding project management and organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently, demonstrate flexibility, and juggle multiple and varied job assignments.
· An interest in, passion for, and commitment to Disability:IN’s core mission.
· The ability to speak up, contribute observations and ideas, and offer foresight about how to best fill gaps and solve problems.
· A personable and professional demeanor, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with Disability:IN’s constituents.
· A commitment to demonstrating a high level of truthfulness, integrity, reliability, and honesty with work time and commitments.
· A high tolerance for ambiguity; must be flexible and comfortable with unstructured time.
· Driven, self-motivated, and willing to take initiative, with a willingness to pitch in when and where needed.
· Must be a team player and collaborate respectfully and inclusively with others across the organization.
· Good judgment; knowing when to handle or escalate issues to managers and others.
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator may be required to perform other duties as
requested, directed, or assigned.
Disability:IN is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. Our network of more than 240 corporations expands opportunities for people with disabilities across…