Details: Salary based on work experience
228 S. Wabash Ave.
Our mission at Prevent Child Abuse America is to prevent the abuse and neglect of our nation's children. The Human Resources and Administration Manager contributes to the organization’s mission by supporting staff and creating a healthy work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager is accountable for:
- All aspects of Human Resources; recruitment, reviewing and recommending qualified candidates to management. Arranging and conducting interviews, salary discussions, background checks, and creating and maintaining all personnel files.
- Orientation of all new staff, discussing benefits, setting up email addresses, and working with the accounting department to create new files, arranging time management software, distribution of all tax information and documents, insurance forms, and other related documents including I-9 and out of state tax forms.
- Works with President and CEO regarding updating the Personnel Manual.
- Works with Office Manager to oversee the day to day operations of the organization which includes operations of all systems and equipment.
- Responsible for all equipment leasing, including copiers, telephones, and USPS mail and UPS shipping. Works with all vendors to make sure equipment operational and maintained on a regular bases.
· Liaison with building management regarding lease, daily services and monthly payment of lease and working with maintenance staff on repairs, security issues and emergency evacuation procedures.
· Oversee the year-round internship program for all departments both in-house and remote interns. Responsible for orientation, equipment and creating a positive and rewarding work environment.
· Oversee the network LAN System in the office and assists with IT service for remote staff. Liaison between staff and the outside IT vendor which operates a help desk and a bi-weekly in-house staff person. Responsibilities include equipment purchases, internet information, backup software and creating of all staff email addresses.
· Responsible for all logistics of the three annual National Board of Director’s meeting, arranging meeting space, hotel sleeping rooms, all food and beverage needs along with any AV equipment.
· Working collaboratively with the other national office senior managers to meet the organizational mission and staffs a range of activities as requested.
· Recommends an annual budget for the areas of supervision.
Part time position-pro-rated Vacation and sick days, no insurance benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required