575 Eighth Avenue
Founded in 1975, Urban Pathways provides homeless New Yorkers with the services and assistance necessary to become stable develop their ability to live independently and move into housing, ultimately benefiting from the pride and security that comes with having a home.
We are currently seeking several Social Services Supervisor for our Scattered-Site Program.
As a data-driven and innovative leader, Urban Pathways ensures that homeless and at-risk New Yorkers have the housing, services and support they need to be self-sufficient. Reporting to the Director of Social Services, the Social Services Supervisor's duties include:
- Supervises and provides leadership and training to social service team members.
- Supervises day to day operations and clinical staff in the absence of the Director of Social Services / Program Director.
- Conducts case conferences, reviews cases and resolves client issues.
- Audits client records and ensures compliance with all Urban Pathways, regulatory and funding agency policies and procedures, regulations and requirements.
- Assesses, trains and coaches case managers on work assignments and community resources.
- Ensures comprehensive service planning and charting of client progress.
- Manages caseload in the the absence of the case manager.
- Supervises the client database and ensures accuracy and timeliness of client information.
- Completes and submits relevant reports and statistics in a timely manner.
- Supervises all incident reporting and other client activities to ensure compliance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community service providers and resources.
- Monitors client medications, as required.
- Is on call to address emergency needs on a 24 hour basis.
- Participates in external meetings with funding agency, community service and housing providers.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- MSW, or Master’s Degree in a related field with clinical concentration required.
- Minimum of two years of clinical and supervisor experience preferred.
- Experience with mentally ill, formerly homeless people preferred.
- Prior OMH, DOHMH, Health Homes, and/or Medicaid experience is highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving skills and resourcefulness.
- Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with on-line chart record data bases a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Valid drivers' license a plus.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Required to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- All programs require field work, home visits, client escorts, and use of public transportation.
*Strong Benefits Package for eligible employees*
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please click this link. https:cyberrecruiter.urbanpathways.org/CyberWeb/