832 Folsom Street
One in 25 children in San Francisco’s schools are experiencing homelessness. Are you passionate about advancing innovative solutions that will end family homelessness by 2020?
If so, we could use your talents as a Housing Navigation Coordinator at Hamilton Families!
Hamilton Families (HF) is dedicated to ending family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area by 2020. HF’s rapid re-housing program helps families find and move into market-rate housing in the Bay Area. We do this through housing search assistance, move-in financial assistance, a medium-term rental subsidy, and home-based case management to help families move toward self-sufficiency. Working collaboratively with the City, the San Francisco Unified School District, and key partners, Hamilton is scaling up this program to assist 800 families with children in the school district.
As a Housing Navigation Coordinator you will support a growing team that helps families move into permanent housing. Use your skills as a capable team builder and operations ninja to ensure seamless delivery of our ongoing housing search assistance services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a Technical Expert: With a deep understanding of our operational policies and procedures, you will support our housing search assistance team to clarify processes and systems that ensure seamless service delivery.
- Be a Leader: You set an example of kind and motivational leadership that delivers serious results. You know how to communicate with a diverse staff to motivate and implement success. Your verbal and written communication skills are best in class.
- Be a Supporter: Directly supervise our Housing Search Specialists and support their work with creative problem solving, clarity, and regular check-ins.
- Say Yes: Whether it’s working on special projects, carrying a caseload of families, entering data into Salesforce, solving service delivery problems, or leading meetings for the department, you say yes to wearing many hats all at once.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- We value people who can delicately balance big picture goals with detail-oriented implementation. In an ever-changing campaign environment, it’s key for a leader to prioritize multiple deadlines, immediate growing pains, and long-term vision.
- You should have at least one year of experience in a supervisory position with a track record of hiring, onboarding, and retaining staff. Comfort with a culture of feedback is a must!
- You should have a BA from an accredited college or university (social work, psychology, or related field preferred) and/or a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in housing or human services with a demonstrated ability to exercise appropriate authority and sound judgment.
- You must be able to manage multiple projects with demanding deadlines with superior organizational abilities, planning, and quality work product delivery.
- You should be experienced with meeting facilitation, database management, and file maintenance.
- You should be excellent at establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups and providing compassionate and consistent supervision.
- Previous experience working with homeless populations and/or knowledge or housing and community resources is a big plus!
- You need a CA driver’s license and good driving record, and must be willing to travel throughout the Bay Area.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Please use the link above to submit an application through our ADP Career Center.
- Please attach your résumé and a brief letter of interest.
- No faxes or phone calls.
- Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.