Curriculum Manager in New York City
Education Level: M.A. required
Location: New York City, New York
Posted by: Older Adults Technology Services
Founded in 2004, Older Adults Technology Services (OATS) is a rapidly expanding, award-winning New York City-based nonprofit with a mission to “harness the power of technology to change the way we age.”
OATS has innovated one of the nation’s most powerful models to shape the future of aging by developing programs that engage seniors as change agents. These programs are offered at community-based technology centers in neighborhoods throughout the five boroughs of New York and at the Senior Planet Exploration Center, the country’s first full-service technology-themed community center for people aged 60 and older.
We are seeking a curriculum manager to help design courses that empower older adults to use digital tools to improve their health, make social connections, strengthen their finances, start online businesses, engage in civic issues, and express themselves creatively. This position requires strong qualitative research skills, a creative approach to developing learner-centered educational programming, and passion for creating social change.
● Work with the OATS curriculum team and independent experts to research and develop training and learner materials for new programs
● Brainstorm new curricular pathways for older adults that align with the organization’s social impact areas
● Create digital learning elements within the organization’s online learning platform to be used in blended learning experiences
● Curate, manage, and develop the content on the organization’s online learning platform
● Write, edit, and create new materials to be used in OATS’ programs and course books, while adhering to the OATS style and voice
● Write regular updates to OATS curriculum
● Assist with other organizational curricular needs as requested
● Experience developing academic courses and/or educational programs
● Classroom teaching experience (high school or college level most desirable)
● Strong writing skills with the ability to communicate to different audiences
● Demonstrated ability to absorb information and translate it clearly into learner-centered activities
● Meticulous attention to detail
● Strong proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Apple Pages, and all MS Office applications
● Working knowledge of Captivate, Articulate, and other design software a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter, including their availability, in PDF format to the email contact provided, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.