120 Wall Street
AFS-USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the network’s largest partner, AFS-USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff of approximately 200 dedicated individuals, working from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 4,000 AFS-USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include: immersion based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educator, schools and businesses.
The Compliance and Budget Manager provides analysis, post award services, and oversight to ensure compliance with OMB Uniform Guidance and grant specific requirements; serve as a resource for staff of grant funded programs for fiscal and programmatic compliance matters.
- Prepare and/or review information and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and modify policies/procedures/systems in accordance with government regulations and organizational needs and objectives.
- Assist in preparations for external monitoring visits, reviews, and audits, and cross-site
- evaluations and participate as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy files for each grant-funded project to be used for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Conduct routine compliance reviews of grant programs.
- Oversee purchasing policy and ensure that purchases conform to applicable Federal law and standards of the OMB Uniform Guidance.
- Interface with stakeholders/user departments to provide sound advice and recommendations regarding procurement actions.
- Conduct research, evaluate and present options for selection of contractors and subrecipients.
- Ensure subrecipient monitoring procedures are compliant with federal and other applicable regulations and are consistent with sound business practices.
- Monitor subrecipient compliance with federal regulations and the requirements of their subrecipient agreements through site visits, audits, and other mechanisms applicable to subrecipient monitoring. Recommend actions necessary to resolve issues/concerns.
- Provide guidance in interpreting and executing applicable regulations and subrecipient award terms and conditions.
General Accounting, Budgeting and Audit Functions:
- Management of UG audit to include all aspects of grant accounting and reporting
- Responsible for driving monthly close process and development of indirect cost allocation methodology
- Budget variance reporting and analysis
- Prepare analysis of indirect/direct costs as required for annual NICRA negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree required with major in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in federal grant management including procurement and subrecipient monitoring
- Applicable experience in nonprofit governance, administration, grants management and
- Working knowledge of nonprofit business operations and federal/state grant and contract funding mechanisms.
- Broad base of relevant technical knowledge and skills related to accounting and financial
- management and procurement systems, fund accounting experience desirable.
- Good research, data management, and statistical analysis skills
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office Applications, proficiency in Excel and Word
SALARY AND BENEFIT:
We offer salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package.
AFS-USA is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. AFS-USA prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including behavior which targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics, such as but not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage, citizenship status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, status as a certified medical marijuana patient or any other legally protected classification.
Medical, Dental, HRA, FSA, Retirement Plan, Paid Holiday Days, Vacation Days, Floating Holidays, and more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Do you want to join the AFS-USA Team?! To apply, please click on the link. Please include your cover letter and resume in the application. No phone calls please.