Details: Based on Applicant's Experience
601 South Figueroa Street
ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter school organization in Los Angeles, serving nearly 13,000 low-income scholars across 25 free public middle and high schools on 28 campuses. In our 14th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though our scholars come to Alliance on average four grade-levels behind in reading, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college—including 77% to a four-year university in 2017. We strive to truly change the life trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree. We also value our people, illustrated by being in the top 10% of Gallup’s global Best Place to Work survey.
Join us at Alliance and you can expect to be part of an innovative organization made up of talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want strong collaborators, skilled communicators, and avid problem solvers who are comfortable in a culture of continuous learning and who are excited to implement fresh ideas and unique solutions in service of our scholars and families. Now is the time to join us and make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who believes that great teachers have a transformational impact on students, is an experienced project manager, has a proven ability to translate plans into action, and has strong quantitative and strategic thinking skills.
Reporting to the Vice President of Performance Management, the Director of Strategic Initiatives is responsible for leading and implementing key strategies related to the successful implementation of the Grow system for teacher support and development, Alliance’s teacher evaluation system of record.
Lead strategic projects that contribute to the implementation and oversight of Grow policies and programs
- Manage and refine the process for generating and distributing annual Teacher Effectiveness Reports, working with the Director of Grow School Leader Support and Development and Data Manager to refine and codify internal processes and trainings to ensure accuracy, security and adherence to timelines.
- Develop, refine and oversee Grow policies, and ensure clear and consistent communication and training for both school leaders and teachers.
- Facilitate cross-functional and cross-team collaboration to drive shared outcomes.
Lead operational oversight of Grow strategies and initiatives
- Regularly assess progress using both qualitative and quantitative data, to make recommendations for improvement or adjustments to ensure successful outcomes in all Grow strategies.
- In conjunction with the Data Manager, conduct and manage detailed data analyses of confidential data, including employee compensation and performance review data, and follow through with regular reporting and recommendations on key operational metrics.
- Create, refine and maintain systems for ensuring strong implementation of Grow programs and strategies, including communication structures within and across teams.
- Provide support on other performance management initiatives, as needed.
THE STRONGEST APPLICANTS WILL HAVE/BE:
- Commitment to Alliance’s core beliefs and educational philosophy.
- Knowledge of urban school environments and school culture.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-layered organization and build strong relationships with teachers, coaches, school leaders and other home office and school-based colleagues.
- Strong project management with the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and deadlines, work across departments and functions, and translate strategies from plans to action.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education.
- Strategic, analytical experience strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of effective leadership and ability to navigate complex issues and drive strong performance results.
- Experience providing counsel to senior leaders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Superior communication skills with an ability to articulate a policies, processes and ideas.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university.
- Five (5 years) of full-time work experience managing organization-wide talent initiatives related to teacher support, development, compensation, and/or evaluation or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and Google-based applications
Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, as well as an employer-sponsored 403-b plan annual contribution equal to 5% of regular earnings, and comprehensive health benefits packages, including dental and vision. Alliance covers 100% monthly premiums for individual employees or up to $900/month toward family plan premiums.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter at www.laalliance.org/careers. Please note that only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools are free public charter schools which do not discriminate against any student, parent, community member, or employee on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.