140 Saw Mill River Rd
An integral member of the AFYA Foundation leadership team, the Administrative Manager works closely with the Executive Director, Director of Operations, the Board, and staff to ensure efficient administrative operations, in support of the organization’s mission and goals.
Responsible for ensuring effective and efficient administrative management of AFYA business operations in support of the institutional mission.
- Works in collaboration with the Executive Director, Director of
- Operations, and AFYA Board to strategize on current and future administrative support requirements.
- Responsible for overall administrative and back office operations of the AFYA business office.
- Hands-on problem solver to address administrative issues that periodically arise.
- Provides feedback to the leadership team to improve administrative operations.
- Oversees financial reporting, benefits, budget planning and other monetary matters.
HR / Personnel Management
Oversees human resource / personnel related activities.
- Supervises activities of administrative support staff (e.g., Office Manager, Office Assistant, Bookkeeper/Finance Manager, Communications Coordinator).
- Coordinates the creation and maintenance of accurate job descriptions and maintains timely personnel employment records.
- Ensures compliance with employment law and other regulatory obligations.
- Ensures timely completion of formal annual performance reviews and informal feedback for all staff as needed to reinforce job performance standards.
- Serve as a resource to all staff regarding personnel and administrative related questions or concerns.
Liaison / Coordination / Communication
Collaborate with internal and external constituents to ensure accurate and timely communications regarding any aspect of the AFYA Foundation administrative operations.
- Act as liaison between the Foundation, its constituents and trustees, to support outreach aligned with the schedule and activities of the Executive Director and Director of Operations
- Assist in coordination of volunteer initiatives including acting as in person representative of AFYA when needed.
Bachelor's degree mandatory. MPH / MBA / MHA preferred. 3-5 years experience preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send an e-mail with a resume and cover letter attached to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the subject line "Chief Administrative Officer - Application".