2700 Southwest Freeway
The Woods Project is now hiring for the Operations Manager position. The Operations Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for ensuring the organization is fully supported in terms of systems, logistics, and supplies.
Job Summary: Responsibilities include management of all finances, data analysis, coordination of wilderness trip logistics (gear, transportation, partner coordination, etc.), technological support for the organization and employees, and communications, including website management, message development, and graphic design. The ideal candidate will be an innovative problem solver who functions well in a fast-paced environment with limited resources, is flexible, able to manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously, and who will excel working with a close-knit team. A passion for the outdoors and serving underprivileged populations is preferred.
- Manage organization’s finances using Quickbooks, including writing checks, recording deposits, sending out invoices, reconciling the bank account, and ensuring accuracy of financial data, as well as creating and analyzing financial reports in coordination with treasurer.
- Work with outside accounting firms to complete annual financial review and tax return.
- Interact with insurance providers to manage policies.
- Coordinate with HR company regarding payroll and other HR related matters.
- Coordinates with facilities manager and oversees rental agreements relating to office and warehouse.
- Manage organization’s database on the Salesforce platform, including ensuring data integrity, organization, and dissemination to staff and stakeholders.
- Manage organization’s technological needs, including updating and troubleshooting hardware and software problems as necessary.
- Design and disseminate mass emails using organization’s marketing software and collaborate with staff on writing content for all communications.
- Design graphic design components of organization’s communications, including brochures, banners, signs, images, logos, flyers, and t-shirts.
- Maintain organization’s website creating new content to keep it updated and dynamic.
- Manage logistics of trip activities including arranging transportation and gear transport.
- Inventory, maintain, and purchase all outdoor gear.
- Leadership role on overnight weekend and summer wilderness trips.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently, with volunteers and as part of a team
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Love for the outdoors and/or working with underprivileged youth
- Experience and comfort with financial management
- Ability to work some nights and weekends, as well as participation in overnight programming
- Comfortable with getting dirty, schlepping and heavy lifting
- Experience working with youth and volunteers, in education or outdoors nonprofit, preferably in communications, program, or operations role
- Spanish proficiency
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) strongly preferred
- Salesforce or data management experience
- A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR!
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish proficiency preferred but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Natalie Hausman-Weiss, Executive Director.