Development Administrative Assistant
Details: Non-Exempt position, hourly rate depending upon experience.
4001 North 1st Street
About Second Harvest Food Bank
Looking for mission-driven work? Based in Silicon Valley, Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties is one of the largest food banks in the nation. Currently providing food to more than one quarter of a million people every month, Second Harvest is a trusted community-based organization that was founded in 1974. Despite the immense wealth in Silicon Valley, and partly due to the high cost of living, hunger and malnutrition are pervasive. The Food Bank distributes nutritious food, including more fresh produce than any other food bank in the country, through a network of nearly 320 nonprofit partners at more than 850 sites. Second Harvest is pursuing innovative efforts to increase access to food resources as it seeks to feed an additional 100,000 hungry people each month. To reach more people, it advocates for anti-hunger policies and connects those in need to federal nutrition programs and other food resources. To learn more about how Second Harvest is building a hunger-free community, visit www.SHFB.org.
About the Position
Do you want to work for a well-resourced, well-run organization that is making a real difference in our community? Do you enjoy supporting a high-performing development team?
The Development Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the corporate philanthropy and individual philanthropy teams. The candidate must be self-directed, possess strong business acumen and have an aptitude for anticipating up-to-the-minute priorities. This is a fast paced, deadline driven environment where the Administrative Assistant must be able to solve problems independently and quickly, sometimes with minimal direction.
In this role, you will be a valued member of a flexible, collaborative, supportive work environment that fosters creativity and collaboration. Everyone on the team is passionate about the mission of the organization and doing work that is personally meaningful. Being a local nonprofit gives Second Harvest the flexibility to have a nimble work culture that allows every team member to contribute their skills outside of their specific job function when appropriate and helpful to the overall goals.
· Provide administrative support - calendar management of Directors, team meeting preparation and note taking, organize team outings and retreats
· Manage budgets - monitor expense budget, manage revenue projections and reforecast processes, manage invoices, create expense reports for fundraising staff members
· Manage volunteers who assist with daily operations and special projects
· Assist with donor events – work closely with Events Coordinator for logistical support including cleanup, breakdown and guest check-in
· Act as backup for the Donor Hotline and other administrative assistants
· Assist field fundraisers with Raiser’s Edge data input occasionally
· Work with external vendors as needed for invoicing, comparison shopping, contracts etc. as directed by supervisor.
· Assist events specialist with donor events onsite as well as offsite at our partner locations – some of these will be on weekends or evenings.
· Help with scanning, filing, copying as needed
· Scan, file and distribute documents related to bequest gifts to all departments following documented process
· Collaborate with Human Resources , IT and Facilities for the onboarding of new employees
· Represent Second Harvest at community donor events as needed
· Independently oversee special projects as needed including vendor management
· Steward confidential staff and donor information
· Four to six years of administrative experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Possess great organizational skills and pay meticulous attention to detail
· Resourcefulness, ingenuity and problem solving skills
· Proactive and confident approach to responsibilities and tasks
· Strong project management skills and use of software (Smartsheet preferred)
· Ability to coordinate simultaneous projects with seamless execution and excellent judgment
· Strong relationship building skills with internal staff and external supporters
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Flexibility, sense of humor and ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
· Ability to protect confidential and proprietary information with discretion
· Exceptional Excel, Word and Outlook skills a must
· Ability to proficiently use relational databases (Raiser’s Edge experience preferred)
· Strong desire to make a difference in the lives of others
· Understanding of non-profit fundraising and marketing a plus
· Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed
Reports To: Director of Leadership Gifts
Location: Cypress Distribution Center - 4001 North First Street, San Jose CA 95134
Hours: Full-time 40 hrs/week. Regular schedule with occasional weekends and evenings.
UNDER-REPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Excellent benefits provided including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Flexible Time Off (FTO) accrues at a rate of 160 hours/year. Ten paid holidays/year.
Minimum Education Required