The Georgia Philharmonic is actively searching for a new Executive Director who enjoys working with creative people and driving success which impacts an entire community. This role will allow you the chance to use your business knowledge while expanding your passion for the arts and community leadership. The Georgia Philharmonic has been in an exciting growth phase for the past several years and we are looking to hire a strong, visionary leader to drive the continued success of the organization.
The Executive Director is responsible for engaging our community, donors and volunteers in promoting and delivering quality orchestral programs that support the mission and core values of the Georgia Philharmonic while ensuring financial stability and continued growth of the organization and the enrichment of the musical life of the community. This is a part-time position with primary responsibilities of overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include coordinating fundraising, marketing, grants, and community outreach to support the continued growth of the Georgia Philharmonic.
The Executive Director is the chief ambassador of the Georgia Philharmonic, representing the organization to its many internal and external communities. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will guide and oversee the administration of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ROLE:
- Coordinates volunteers and creates a professional environment that is results-oriented, supportive and responsive to the needs and expectations of our organization.
- Works closely with the Board and committee members:
- Communicates effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
- Oversees and update the strategic plan in conjunction with the Board
- Provides data and resources to support the implementation of committee activities
- Creates a strong sense of community and supports the Board in creative pursuits while building accountability through clear expectations
- Maintains effective communication with the Board President, Board of Directors, Music Director, musicians, and volunteers
- Coordinates with the committee chairs to manage to their respective budgets and duties. Such committees might include fundraising, personnel, finance, box office, marketing, logistics, and so forth
- Advocates and articulates the mission of the Georgia Philharmonic and the importance of the arts in our community:
- Enhances the Georgia Philharmonic and its image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations
- Cultivates and fosters relationships with other non-profits
- Fosters relationships with potential volunteers to help the orchestra
- Provides leadership and vision in outreach and programmatic initiatives
- Coordinates marketing activities:
- Works with the Marketing committee to create a focused marketing strategy to attract and serve targeted audiences to grow awareness and attendance
- Supports the execution of the marketing plan
- Helps create and maintain a consistent brand image for the orchestra (e.g. logos, colors, fonts)
Qualifications and Skills:
With a dynamic team of creatives to support and drive programming, the Executive Director needs to bring a strong business mindset with a deep appreciation for the arts. A successful candidate should have managerial skills, fundraising experience, and financial management capabilities. The candidate should also have experience advocating for and fostering community support through brand awareness.
- Leadership experience, nonprofit preferred but not necessary
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- A deep appreciation for the arts and creative thinking
- Budget management skills, including: budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including: planning, delegating, program development, and task management
- Transparent and high integrity
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and empower individuals
- Experience with community relations, marketing and public relations
- A positive attitude with superior interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Spreadsheet, word processing, cloud-based software skills
- Computer and mobile device savvy
Other valuable experience includes:
- Success in fundraising and resource development
- Highly motivated individual with excellent fundraising skills
- Experience with popular fundraising and grant websites or software
- Working in the administration of a symphony orchestra
- Experience with DropBox, EventBrite, Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, MailChimp
Part-time, 10 hours a week, working remotely with regular meetings within the local Atlanta metro area
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by e-mail to email@example.com, Attn: Search Committee. Applicants should address how their knowledge, skills, and abilities would allow them to fulfill the role, duties, and responsibilities of the Executive Director as set forth in this position description.
For additional information, visit the Georgia Philharmonic website.