ABOUT THE JOB
HopeWell is currently seeking a Manager, Development Operations to provide oversight of fundraising systems, data, information and all tools that drive the day-to-day work of the HopeWell Development Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all fundraising campaigns and initiatives, communicating with current and prospective donors, and helping to build a stronger Development culture within HopeWell.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Manager, Development Operations, is detail-oriented, organized and a highly skilled database administrator with proven experience supporting donor relations, fundraising campaigns and fundraising events.
- The role ensures the effective and timely management of HopeWell’s CRM database, fundraising campaigns, event support, donor communications and financial reporting.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, the role interacts with donors, funders, prospects and Board Members. The role works across departments and interacts with Finance staff, program managers, and Executive Leadership Team.
- Manager, Development Operations is responsible for managing and optimizing development processes to increase funding revenue for HopeWell. The role supports fundraising campaigns throughout the year and maintains content and data for development activities including solicitations, planning, materials, tracking, and reporting.
- The role supports HopeWell’s goals to increase the utilization of its CRM database, creates and adheres to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Development, and champions new opportunities and solutions to support ambitious fundraising goals.
- The role is responsible for managing the accurate and timely processing of incoming gifts and stewardship systems.
Operations and Data Management
- Create a trusted and effective fundraising operations function and oversee the donor database to support HopeWell’s fundraising goals.
- ·Manage “next-level” utilization of HopeWell’s CRM database system, Donor Perfect, and develop SOPs for the effective tracking and reporting against fundraising goals. Propose and test new opportunities to maximize Donor Perfect support and utilization of new fundraising channels.
- Create monthly progress and analysis reports, financial dashboards, and supplemental documents for leadership updates, board meetings, Development Committee meetings, department meetings, and leadership updates.
- Manage, track and report on fundraising campaigns.
- Create and maintain prospect research and donor profiles.
- Oversee accurate and timely gift processing, including processing donations, generating invoices for donors, and producing timely and accurate acknowledgement letters.
- ·Act as a fundraising database internal resource and provide ongoing support to leadership on Donor Perfect usage and SOPs to help ensure the centralization of data and donor information to inform strategies and goal setting.
- Provide leadership and support for HopeWell events and fundraising programs.
- Provide critical and effective support for HopeWell’s annual gala, including management of donor pipeline, registration, tracking of donor benefits and fulfillment, invoicing, acknowledgements, volunteer recruitment and management, and on-site event support.
- Create and manage post-event reporting on metrics and year over year comparison tracking.
- Support additional fundraising events including house parties, special events, etc.
Direct Donor Support
- Responsible for stewarding and cultivating a select portfolio of annual donors.
- Act as an additional point of contact (in addition to VP, Advancement) for donors and funders.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of proven and hands-on experience managing CRM or donor databases and successful meeting fundraising goals.
- Experience managing fundraising campaigns and fundraising events
- Grant writing experience is preferred.
- Experience and comfort working to achieve deadlines, produce results, and communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under competing deadlines.
- Results-oriented with the ability to take ownership of staying on timeline and reaching goals while ensuring accuracy.
- Strong relationship building, communication and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of professionalism, ethical sensitivity, confidentiality and discretion.
- Understanding of nonprofit organizational structure and culture.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Daily access to an automobile is required
- A valid MA State Driver’s License
- Clearing of background checks as required by state and federal law.
- Commitment to our organizational vision, missions, and program