The Content Manager serves as NCRA’s social media strategist, proofreader, and development administrator, ensuring that the association’s messaging and outreach is comprehensive, impeccable, and thoroughly delivers on industry support.
The Content Manager is part of NCRA’s External Affairs department, reporting to the Assistant Director of Public Relations and Communications. He/she also works closely with all members of the team.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Editorial component – 50%: Serve as NCRA’s lead proofreader and copyeditor for the association.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy, timeliness, and relevancy of information of all written communication, including print and online magazine and newsletters, collateral materials, mobile apps, and web sites.
- Maintains updated association style guide and keeps staff apprised of any updates.
- Provide recommendations for enhancement and expansion of content.
Social Media component—40%: Create, implement, and manage a comprehensive social media strategy to increase NCRA’s industry reach, member engagement, web traffic, and brand awareness through creating communities.
- Design social media strategies to achieve marketing targets.
- Engage with other organizations and industry professionals via social media to create a strong network.
- Creates content through community building.
- Co-administer all company social media accounts ensuring up-to-date content, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Liaise with program and event managers to ensure content is accurate and informative.
- Create social ‘buzz’ regarding industry news, member opportunities, and events.
- Facilitate communication (Facebook LIVEs, DMs, organize chats).
- Prepare monthly reports on web traffic and engagement.
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization.
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices.
- Travel to NCRA’s flagship events to cover them on social media.
- Manage the advertising insertions of NCRA’s paying sponsors, partners, and advertisers in newsletters, JCR magazine, and website, insuring accurate reporting from the association’s database.
- Perform a variety of other tasks designed to support the editorial and copywriting process.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Impeccable proofreading and editorial skills; must be well versed in Associated Press (AP) Style, and must become the leading safeguard of the association’s style.
- Must possess excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills, along with having the ability to build relationships across departments and at all levels of the association.
- Must be able to perform corrections to existing copy in a variety of formats, including Microsoft Office, a web-based content management system, and the Adobe Suite.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing deadlines and projects.
- A consummate professional with experience in a deadline-driven environment, a quick learner, self-motivated, and an eye for details.
- Desire to push the envelope with new, innovative ideas while exhibiting flexibility and eagerness to create a high-quality end product.
- The objectives and, thus, the review process for this position will be closely connected to quantifiable data points—consistency of clean copy versus copy with numerous errors.
- It cannot be stressed strongly enough that this role must be passionate about reducing errors in NCRA’s copy. A person with proactive tendencies to seek out and correct mistakes will be rewarded and celebrated in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, journalism, media, communications, or relevant field.
- 3-plus years of experience in professional editing and proofreading.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in contemporary English practices with high levels of precision and respect for grammar, punctuation, spelling, composition, and style.
- Proven experience in writing and editing (several tests will be given during the interview process).
- Proven work experience as a social media strategist or social media manager.
- Hands on experience using social media for brand awareness.
- Understanding of SEO, social media, and web traffic metrics.
- An ability to identify target audience preferences and build content to meet them.
Location and Travel
- This role may be remote or based out of NCRA’s Reston, VA, headquarters.
- Possibility of minimal travel to events.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required