Program Coordinator, Western Addition/Crocker Amazon/Outer Mission
- Job posted by San Francisco-Marin Food Bank
Details: Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
900 Pennsylvania Ave
Join a collaborative team of motivated individuals designing and supporting food programs throughout San Francisco and Marin counties. We work with human service and faith-based organizations to bridge the gap between millions of dollars of donated foods and thousands of families and individuals struggling to make ends meet in two of the counties with the highest costs of living in the world. This position is a full-time, non-exempt position. Candidates should have experience working with community-based organizations and low-income communities in San Francisco, particularly in the Western Addition, Crocker Amazon and Outer Mission areas. Bilingual preferred. Position requires ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including periodic evening and weekend hours.
- Provide support to member agencies in assigned neighborhoods to improve/expand/sustain food distribution programs and optimize utilization of Food Bank services.
- Perform outreach in neighborhoods to identify, recruit and train community-based organizations to establish food programs.
- Inform, monitor and follow up with partner agencies to ensure compliance with Food Bank policies.
- Conduct periodic trainings with partner agencies and their staff, both paid and volunteer.
- Promote the well-being of individuals seeking food assistance and adherence to confidentiality guidelines.
- Respect for the inherent dignity and worth of individuals seeking assistance while treating each person in a caring and respectful manner.
- Administer Food Bank program policies, procedures, information collection, reporting and evaluations.
- Communicate program information with agency representatives and Food Bank staff.
- Coordinate program logistics.
- Assist with proposals, implementation and reporting for government contracts and private grants.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience working in social services and/or community organizing, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals (staff, volunteers and participants) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort presenting in front of large groups.
- Experience and skill in conflict resolution, de-escalation techniques and having difficult conversations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, demonstrate professional ethics and diplomacy at all times.
- Knowledge of low-income populations in San Francisco and/or Marin, service providers and faith-based organizations preferred.
- Understanding of hunger and food issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bilingual skills desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with databases and data on multiple programs.
- Valid driver’s license required, access to vehicle preferred.
We provide excellent medical, dental, generous 403B retirement plan, FSA, life insurance, competitive salary, vacation, sick and holiday leave, career development, celebrations and activities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required