The Chapter Advancement Associate supports NACD’s Chapters and the Chapter Advancement Team. The Associate is responsible for a variety of initiatives and projects that enhance and/or maintain an operationally strong chapter system, thus heightening the NACD member and prospect experience at more than 20 Chapters in 35 cities across the country. He/she is exceedingly detailed, efficient, analytical, and service oriented, capable of juggling multiple priorities independently as well as working closely with the Chapter Advancement Team to execute on tasks critical to Chapter and organizational success, all while fostering positive relationships with chapter representatives and NACD colleagues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Data, Administration, and Analysis:
· Coordinates or executes on a variety of initiatives including, but not limited to, data collection and analysis, website and MemberNation database integration, Chapter System Intranet updates, maintenance and management of accurate chapter board member and staff records, allocation payments, internal staff chapter visits, and Chapter Incentive Program initial and renewal payments to chapters.
· Solicits, collects, and organizes chapter governance information, program information, and leadership and sponsor updates
· Updates and maintains tools and resources for chapter board members and staff
· Manages and maintains integrated chapter websites and the Chapter System Intranet
· Ensures accurate monthly reporting for chapters; executes regular collection, analysis, and reporting of metrics; updates the database appropriately; issues invites and tracking for monthly calls; and processes check requests and reimbursements
· Reviews, publishes (online), finalizes, and closes out for NACD Fellowship Credits more than 250 chapter programs annually
· Supports and maintains the integration between MemberNation Database and more than 20 chapter websites
· Collects and analyzes data for quarterly Chapter Success Roadmap updates
· Collects, analyzes, and coordinates data for Regional Director-led initiatives to support advancement of chapters across the country
· Serves as the Chapter Advancement Team’s liaison to NACD Data Operations to ensure report requests are communicated accurately and generated reports are of greatest use to chapters
Support of Team Members and Key Stakeholders, Coordination of Projects and Events:
· Engages with chapters via administrators, executive directors and/or directors to communicate information, address questions, anticipate and solve problems, and foster great relationships throughout the chapter system
· Helps to coordinate and support the leading of monthly calls with chapter administrators and executive directors
· Manages chapter staff onboarding, refresher and customized training, database, registration, and website troubleshooting
· Serves as liaison to NACD Data Operations and IT teams on a variety of projects, reporting functions, and systems
· Assists in the planning and execution of meetings with both internal and external chapter stakeholders, including the Annual Spring Chapter Staff Meeting, chapter board visits, and individual chapter director visits
· Supports the Manager, Chapter Advancement; Regional Directors; and the Chapter Advancement Officer in the alignment and advancement of the Chapter System, while working cross-departmentally to execute successful projects
· Performs other duties as assigned
A bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years of experience in a fast-paced office environment is required. A successful candidate will have a strong customer-service orientation and an affinity for data, along with high levels of accountability, attention to detail, analytical skill, and a desire to learn, along with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks with a mind-set of strategy and solutions is key. Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Website software knowledge or proficiency a plus. Membership/contact database experience is required; Salesforce/MemberNation experience is a plus.
Why Work at NACD?
NACD is committed to fostering a corporate culture that engages, inspires, and challenges its employees. The organization values energetic dialogue, creative thinking, and innovative problem-solving. Employees at all levels are given a voice on how to best serve NACD members and deliver on the mission of the association. We offer a generous benefits package and a positive, collegial workplace atmosphere in a metro-accessible location.
Our office is located in Arlington, VA--just one block from the Courthouse Metro Station. NACD does not pay for expenses related to relocation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, submit your cover letter and résumé to Hannah Geyer at email@example.com. No calls, please.