Details: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
12 West 32nd Street
Chamber Music America (CMA) seeks a full-time Development Manager to implement the organization’s development initiatives and to augment existing efforts with new strategies and creative approaches to increase contributed income. The Development Manager will work closely with and report to the CEO. The position offers the opportunity for advancement.
CMA is the national network for the ensemble music profession. With a membership of nearly 6,000 ensembles, concert presenters, festivals, training programs, independent musicians, educators, composers, music businesses, and chamber music enthusiasts, CMA encompasses a diversity of styles and traditions spanning western and non-western classical and contemporary, jazz, and evolving genres.
- Collaborate with the CEO to create short- and long-term development plans
- Provide coordination and support for implementation of development plans
- Identify potential projects and strategies for funding
- Conduct research on existing and potential funders
- Make initial contacts with potential funding agencies
- Organize annual campaign and cultivation events
- Maintain and monitor Development calendar to assure that all proposals and reports meet deadlines required by funders
- Draft funding solicitations, letters of intent, proposals, applications, and reports; assemble supporting materials as required, and manage submission process
- Work with CEO and Finance staff to develop funding budgets and financial reports
- Maintain donor database
- Prepare and process acknowledgment letters and other development communications
- Monitor appropriate funder credits
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Self-motivator and creative problem-solver
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including expertise in the use of English grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Strong organizational skills: ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meet all deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, database, and internet usage. Donor Perfect experience is a plus.
- Three years’ nonprofit development experience
- Interest in working as part of a team
CMA is committed to a staff environment that is diverse, inclusive, and equitable. CMA does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
Employee benefits include health insurance, a 403b retirement plan, and paid vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email the following to Michael Welch at CMAoffice@chamber-music.org with “Development Manager” in the subject line:
- Cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position
- Writing sample
No phone calls please. You will be contacted should an interview be required.