175 Varick Street
HITLAB (www.hitlab.org) is an innovation and teaching lab dedicated to improving the quality and accessibility of healthcare worldwide. We help leading organizations ideate, create, and evaluate technology-based solutions to pressing healthcare challenges.
We are currently seeking a qualified, motivated, and experienced Manager, Research & Strategy to join HITLAB’s innovation research work stream (research & evaluation). The role includes designing and leading projects that assess, test and validate digital health solutions. Projects include IRB-approved research studies using methods such as concept testing, user experience testing, usability research, pilots and clinical validation studies. HITLAB utilizes methodologies and frameworks that borrow from academic research and practices and applies them to real world healthcare challenges. This role also includes work on strategy projects such as landscape analyses and market research.
Research and Program Design and Execution: Lead study/program design, write protocols for review by IRBs, and ensure research activities are carried out ethically and with fidelity; identify, adapt, or design appropriate/relevant data collection tools; oversee recruitment, enrollment, quantitative/qualitative data analysis, reporting, and deliverables (including written and oral presentations); relay all necessary program/study information to the sponsor/principal investigator; manage program/study team and report to Deputy Director of Research & Evaluation.
Expertise in Qualitative Methods: Apply expertise in qualitative and design research, including methods such as semi-structured interviews, focus groups, ethnography and others, to the research led by HITLAB.
Strategy: Lead occasional projects focused on competitive analysis, landscaping, market research and strategic assessment of digital health technologies and startups.
Stakeholder Management: Manage relationships with external funders and project partners, which include Fortune 500 companies, government entities, foundations, startups, hospitals and clinics, and others.
Grant Development: assist the Deputy Director of Research & Evaluation to identify funding opportunities, draft research proposal and budgets to secure funding opportunities, liaise with corporates and organizations that issues contracts or RFPs to ensure proposals meet guidelines.
Publications and Presentations: supervise the dissemination of all grant findings for peer-review/trade publications/conference presentation.
Organizational Leadership: support lab efforts to maintain productivity, maximize efforts, and maintain high morale; contribute to the lab’s mission of professional development and mentorship for all staff members by acting as an educator and role model for others.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- PhD or MPH in public health/epidemiology/bioinformatics/biostatistics/biomedical research/health economics/computer sciences or any other related field.
- 7+ years of related research experience using both qualitative and quantitative methods. Strong qualitative research skills are essential to this role. (Individuals with wet lab experience need not apply).
- Good knowledge of healthcare technology, digital health and the startup ecosystem combined with an interest in the field.
- Strong study protocol development, data collection/analysis, and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative research results into reports and recommendations tailored for different stakeholder groups.
- High initiative and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage collaboratively and professionally with all levels of personnel/stakeholders across a range of organization types (startups, government entities, pharmaceuticals, technology developers, etc.).
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to manage, prioritize, and complete multiple simultaneous efforts with ease and professionalism.
- Healthcare, technology, or other relevant consulting or industry experience
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within the healthcare system.
- Demonstrated prior experience managing the identification and assessment of solutions and the development of accompanying strategic recommendations.
WHY WORK AT HITLAB?
If you’re interested in transforming healthcare through the innovative use of emerging technology, there’s a place for you at HITLAB. We help stakeholders across the entire healthcare ecosystem leverage technology to increase their impact on health outcomes. Whether you have an interest in digital health strategy, technology development, or research and education, we provide professionals an opportunity to gain diverse exposure and responsibility across all service areas. With continued professional development and leadership opportunities, HITLAB offers a unique entrepreneurial startup environment built on a solid foundation built over two decades.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email their resume to email@example.com
Subject Line: Manager, Research & Strategy
More information on the HITLAB is available at:
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hitlab.org
HITLAB is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required