Details: SRA offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and skills.
Students Rising Above (SRA) was created in 1998 by KPIX 5 anchor Wendy Tokuda and began as a series of news stories featuring low-income Bay Area youth rising above tremendous odds of poverty, homelessness, abandonment, and neglect. In 2003, the scholarship program was developed into a 501(c)3 nonprofit helping low-income students attend and graduate from college and transition into the workforce.
In 2014, Students Rising Above launched the SRA College2Careers Hub and now has over 14,000 registered users. The SRA Hub is a comprehensive online resource that takes our expertise from the scholarship program and makes it available online for students, educators, and other community partners across the country.
Students Rising Above provides personalized assistance on all topics related to college admissions, college success, and career development.
More information about SRA is available at www.studentsrisingabove.org.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our accounting and finance team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for daily cash receipts and disbursements processing, journal entry postings, monthly account reconciliations, assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining department budgets and generating cost reports.
The ideal candidate will have a strong accounting background, excellent analytical skills, a deep understanding of Excel, experience with QuickBooks, and possess knowledge of technology applications that automate and streamline processes.
SRA is a growing organization; candidates will need to be flexible and interested in assuming additional duties resulting from expansion. The office environment is a hybrid of virtual and actual office time.
Cash Receipts and Disbursements Processing:
- Processing invoices and payments (ACH transactions, online bill payments), and recording to General Ledger
- Processing cash receipts (checks, credit card receipts) for bank deposit, and recording to General Ledger and donor database
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Post funding transfers, income/fees, etc.
- Journal entries for investments, receivables, prepaids, fixed assets, payables
- Reconcile and post credit card transactions (Concur expense reporting system)
- Assist with month-end close, financial statement preparation, and variance analysis
- Process payroll through third party payroll management system
- Record payroll to general ledger and allocate payroll, payroll taxes, and benefits by department
- File quarterly payroll returns with payments
- Assist with annual workers comp audit
- Assist with document preparation for annual audit and tax filings
- Support budget and forecasting activities as required
- Complete and maintain filings, sales/use tax filing, & census reporting as required
- Assist with preparing Board & committee meeting materials
- Ensure financial policies, procedures, and internal controls are followed and maintained
- Special projects
Required Qualifications & Experience
- BS Accounting with min 3-5 years accounting experience OR very strong, extensive history of non-profit bookkeeping experience
- Strong experience with QuickBooks Online & Excel essential; experience with SalesForce & Concur (or similar expense reporting system) a plus
- Appetite and comfort with solving problems and streamlining processes through technology; able to use various types of software and cloud-based applications
- Organized with a strict attention to detail
- Self-motivated, optimistic approach, deadline focused and solutions-oriented team player; enjoy working remotely
- Must live in the SF Bay Area
SRA offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Staff Accountant " in the subject line.
SRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SRA has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We strive to create and maintain a professional environment that supports these practices. SRA welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, people of color, veterans, persons with disabilities, people of any sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression and members of the LGBTQI community.