Recognized by the Boston Globe as one of the Top Places To Work, Bay Cove Human Services is a private, not-for-profit corporation that provides a wide variety of services to individuals and their families who face the life-long challenges of developmental disabilities, aging, mental illness and drug and alcohol addiction. We have a wide variety of programs available to our clients including residential services, employment support, and day habilitation programs. Bay Cove's 2,000 highly trained employees serve more than 20,000 individuals and their families each year at more than 160 different program sites throughout Greater Boston and southeastern Massachusetts.
LPN - Per Diem (Hyde Park Avenue, Roslindale)
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday- (Per Diem)
Salary: $26.44 an hour
- Bay Cove Human Services, Inc. a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks a Licensed Practical Nurse-LPN who will provide nursing and direct care services to adults living in a Residential Program.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse-LPN will monitor the health care of adults who face challenges presented by developmental disabilities.
- S/he will be assigned a caseload within the LPN scope of practice and assist with accessing appropriate health care.
- The LPN is also responsible for direct care when appropriate, monitoring the medication system, and training staff.
- We are looking for someone who strive to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Provide training and leadership to staff and residents in health care.
- Consult with program directors and senior program directors to promote and ensure optimum health and health care of individuals in programs.
- Monitor medical record keeping systems of assigned caseload, in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Oversee health care duties of Certified Nurse Assistants and Direct Care Staff Advocate for access to high quality health care for individuals.
- Monitor, evaluate and make recommendations regarding medical issues.
- Facilitate communication with medical professionals including meeting with them as necessary, regarding medication and or health care needs of individuals.
- Provide medication administration in compliance with MAP policies.
- Complete shift nursing notes, treatment sheets, flow sheets, vital signs, and pain monitoring documentation.
- Provide personal hygiene care including bathing, showering, shaving, nail clipping, dressing, grooming, changing, oral hygiene, while promoting independence.
- Experience – two years nursing experience.
- Education – High School Diploma or GED.
- Licensure – Massachusetts Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Physical – Ability to drive the wheelchair van to take residents to and from appointments.
- Keywords: Developmental Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, Care Worker, Caregiver, Group Home, Residential Counselor, Direct Care, DSP, Nursing, Medical, Healthcare Advocacy, Support, Human Services, Nonprofit
- Driving License Required? Yes
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Apply online by going to https://www.baycove/org/apply/index.cfm?pid=10414.
Bay Cove Human Services, 66 Canal Street, Boston, MA 02114
Bay Cove is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer