Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
CRI c/o Schrafft's City Center
529 Main Street, Suite 301
SUMMARY OF ORGANIZATION/POSITION
Since 1990, Community Research Initiative of New England (CRI) has operated the HIV Drug Assistance Program/Comprehensive Health Insurance Initiative (HDAP/CHII) under contract with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. This program, funded by both federal and state dollars and one of the most innovative
programs of its kind in the country, provides access to HIV/AIDS medications to under- and uninsured clients. The program also assists individuals with HIV/AIDS who are otherwise unable to access coverage in obtaining health insurance.
The HDAP/CHII Enrollment Specialist will assist with the HDAP/CHII program in all aspects of enrolling clients, providing ongoing client and provider support, assisting in health insurance enrollment, monitoring and trouble-shooting, participating in program outreach efforts, and supporting the department in a variety of organizational and clerical functions.
EDUCATION AND TECHNICAL TRAINING: High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 2-3 years experience in non-profit agency, HIV-related organization, or health care setting preferred. Expertise in and/or knowledge of benefits/entitlement programs preferred, including public and private health insurance programs and SSI/SSDI; candidates with direct experience assisting clients in enrolling in MassHealth/Medicaid and MA Health Connector coverage will be favored. Familiarity with health care settings, AIDS service organizations a plus.
SKILLS NEEDED/OTHER: Strong organizational and communication skills, including excellent typing/data entry skills and telephone manner, a must. Ability to work independently and accurately in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple priorities. Detail-oriented, flexible, dependable, and creative. Ability to work with a diverse clientele, and to work both independently and as part of a team with a sense of enthusiasm. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Access.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Screen and review incoming HDAP applications for accuracy and completeness.
• Correspond with clients, case managers, pharmacists, and other providers in screening and reviewing applications and coordinating access to medications and health insurance on behalf of program enrollees. Address insurance- and benefits-related inquiries and requests in order to streamline HDAP screening and enrollment functions.
• Mail HDAP applications and information to clients and case managers, as requested.
• Respond to telephone inquiries and conduct extensive phone follow-up with clients,case managers, and other health care providers.
• Assist clients in face-to-face meetings in completing application materials and submitting required eligibility documentation. Answer questions and provide guidance about individual situations regarding insurance eligibility and application procedures by both phone and in-person interviews on-site.
• Input submitted HDAP application information into database and inform applicants of enrollment status via mail.
• Maintain and update filing system.
• Monitor monthly re-certifications and deactivations of active and inactive clients.
• Perform general office tasks as assigned, e.g., photocopying, faxing, data entry, and other clerical tasks. Provide front desk reception and phone coverage as needed.
• Assist with organizing mass mailings, as necessary.
• Participate in outreach efforts to health care sites and community-based organizations, including presentation of information on public and private health insurance and benefits programs to case managers, other providers, and consumer groups. Participation in occasional evening/weekend events required.
• Support other HDAP/CHII staff members, as needed.
• Prepare and adapt training and support materials for staff/end users of document management system.
• Conduct regular training and assistance for staff on document management system.
• Assist in documentation of automated application submission and review policies and protocols for integration into program standard operating procedures.
• Serve as back-up to IT Manager for ongoing CRI (non-document management-related) IT needs and tasks.
• Assume responsibility for collecting, scanning, and indexing HDAP applications and supporting documents into our document management system using, PaperVision Enterprise (PVE).
• Assist with other tasks, as necessary and as directed by the HDAP/CHII Program Managers and HDAP Program Assistant Director.
Salary commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes salary, health care coverage (dental and vision also available), disability and life insurance. Generous paid vacation benefits and professional development opportunities.
Community Research Initiative (CRI) is an independent, nonprofit community-based organization dedicated to leading the way in HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C clinical research, ensuring access to life-saving medications and providing financial assistance for approved drug treatments and health insurance coverage for those in need.
For more information about CRI, visit our website at www.crine.org
CRI is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Compensation package includes salary, health care coverage (dental and vision also available), disability and life insurance. Generous paid vacation benefits and professional development opportunities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish-, Portuguese-, and/or Haitian Creole-speaking a plus.
Minimum Education Required