U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
The U.S. Soccer Federation is seeking a Manager of Development, who will help manage day-to-day operations of fundraising programs, with a focus on achieving strategic long-term department goals. This individual will be responsible for managing a personal portfolio of mid-level donors (generally $500 to $10,000), in addition to overseeing fundraising communications and campaigns, working cross-departmentally to streamline and maximize benefits delivery processes for top donors, assisting in the administration of leadership giving groups, and helping build and execute effective events. This is a front-line fundraising role.
- Work closely with the Director of Development and other U.S. Soccer staff to help U.S. Soccer achieve its annual fundraising goals.
- Manage, retain and grow a portfolio of midlevel donors using superior customer service, meaningful stewardship, and donor-centric fundraising best practices; contribute in select Major Gift proposals and Major Gift donor management.
- Oversee Development Department communications, including helping manage largescale multichannel fundraising campaigns, develop useful print and online materials and resources, and execute regular strategic marketing communications to donors.
- Work with the broader U.S. Soccer Commercial team to create effective processes to drive value for donor programs, seamlessly deliver donor benefits and ensure world-class experiences for supporters.
- Organize and execute operations for Development events, including VIP travel programs (“Patrons Programs”), philanthropic leadership group meetings, fundraisers, private premium events and unique game-day activities, delivering best-in-class donor experiences, to achieve program and fundraising goals.
- Maximize the adoption and optimization of U.S. Soccer’s CRM system, Salesforce, through day-to-day usage, maintenance projects, and creative problem-solving with tech support.
- Become proficient in the utilization and management of the Development Department’s online platforms for event and program administration, including Formsite, Squarespace, and Universe.
- Support and enhance a culture of philanthropy at U.S. Soccer and a donor-centric fundraising program to best achieve fundraising and organizational goals.
- Professionally manage U.S. Soccer’s Development Coordinator and Associate (intern).
- Assist with miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-6 years of successful fundraising and donor event experience
- Proven track-record of donor management and sustained fundraising success
- Proven track-record of managing and executing a range of world-class and multifaceted events
- Exemplary organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; Proven experience in writing effective donor communications; Professional demeanor and ability to communicate in clear, compelling ways with donors
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritizing under a heavy workload, and project deadlines
- Effective and efficient problem solver
- High-level proficiency with the Microsoft suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience regularly working with a donor database (Customer-Relationship Management - CRM) system
- Management experience
- Able and willing to travel throughout the year around matches and donor events (10 – 25% travel)
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience regularly working with Salesforce platform
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Live our Principles & Values
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills