Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. As a national online force driven by over one million members, we help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us, moving decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America. We activate our members to take action on crucial issues—from criminal justice to media representations to the social safety net and voting rights —so that we can build the power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society.
Color Of Change is running an innovative organizing program in 2021 to build leadership and volunteer capacity in Black communities across the country. This organizing program is about centering Black Joy and building Black political power.
The Digital Team is a key part of this organizing program, owning online member engagement, fundraising, advertising, innovation, and growth. This position is perfect for someone excited about helping execute a large-scale member recruitment and engagement program.
This position will report to the Sr. Digital Manager.
- Write compelling email and web copy for fundraising, engagement and advocacy campaigns, and help reactivate inactive email list members.
- Closely track engagement analytics to understand what messages and tactics are working, and how they can be improved.
- Always thinking about the online and mobile user experience of Color Of Change members; execute tests to improve it.
- Coordinate with field staff around the country to ensure that our members are receiving timely, up-to-date information.
- Support Color Of Change’s member-generated video program, which helps everyday people record and share videos to advocate for issues they care about.
- Help implement digital strategies across C3, C4 and PAC contexts, including issue-based campaigns, accountability for elected officials, and helping elect progressive candidates.
- Support on digital ads to amplify Color Of Change campaigns on various social media platforms, as needed by Senior Digital Ads Manager.
- Collaboratively project manage the national digital program while working with other Digital Managers.
The right candidate will have a strong mix of the following:
- A strong racial justice analysis, and a commitment to centering and uplifting Black joy.
- Digital campaigning experience, and - if none - strong attention to detail and a track record of learning new skills and tools quickly.
- An analytic mind and a curiosity for data-driven online organizing - previous data experience is a BIG plus.
- Ability to work nimbly in a fast-paced environment, regularly beating deadlines and setting/exceeding expectations.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the "Apply for this position" link below and submit a resume and COC-specific cover letter. Applications will be received on a rolling basis.
The salary for this position is $75,000. This is a full-time exempt position. Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package.
Color Of Change is an equal opportunity employer. Color Of Change prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.
Applications for this position will close on Monday, March 15th, 2021.
Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. As a national online force driven by over one million members, we help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us, moving…