Details: Hourly, $18-21/hour, 20-24 hours/week
2740 Chain Bridge Road
Family PASS helps families that are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Fairfax County. We connect families with the support services needed to become stable and self-sufficient. Our work is part of Fairfax County’s 10-year plan to prevent and end homelessness in our community.
Under the supervision of the case management supervisor, Family PASS case managers are responsible for providing direct services to our clients by assessing client needs and connecting clients to appropriate services. Case managers use a client-driven, wraparound approach to empower clients to achieve housing stability using their own strengths.
This is a part-time position with flexible weekday-only hours. New hire may have the option of becoming full-time within the first year of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and review referrals provided by Northern Virginia Family Service (Bridging Affordability program) and/or Coordinated Services Planning
- Assess clients’ needs and connect clients to appropriate community services and programs
- Use a strengths-based approach to assists clients in developing and implementing housing stability plans which include client-determined goals
- Create and maintain client files and case notes
- Collect data from client for Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Complete monthly reports, re-certifications and exit interviews
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings as directed by supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in social work, human services, or a related field (MSW preferred)
- 1+ years of case management/direct services
- Excellent people skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds end experiences
- Demonstrated ability to show compassion and empathy for vulnerable populations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Valid driver's license and possession of insured, working vehicle
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email cover letter, resume and three professional references (including name, professional relationship, phone, and email address) to Sou Han at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.