The Juvenile Case Manager Supervisor is responsible for supervising the LCLC Juvenile Case Managers. The Supervisor works with his/her team to ensure clients (ages 17 and under) set and achieve educational, and personal goals and are supported in their development of positive pro-social attitudes and behaviors and court compliance, while decreasing their engagement in violent behavior. The Supervisor reports directly to the Executive Director.
• Supervise and support Juvenile Case Management staff.
• Ensure Juvenile Case Management staff are regularly monitoring client activity related to achieving personal and programmatic goals, and providing support and guidance in revising case plans as needed.
• Coordinate assignment of cases.
• Maintain accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with City of Chicago and organizational guidelines.
• Maintain related administrative record keeping and reporting systems required by contracts.
• Attend program-related community, coalition and committee meetings as assigned. Participate in community presentations to promote the agency programs in general.
• Create and implement programming centered around contract deliverables.
• Manage grants in conjunction with the Development department.
• Master of Social Work required or combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years’ experience engaging and building mentoring relationships with court-involved, urban minority youth.
• Self-starter who is passionate about supporting underserved youth.
• Experience with working with high-risk justice-involved youth.
• Ability to lead in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Ability to manage and perform in high stress situations
• Management or supervisor experience.
• Ability to work independently and effectively manage the team.
• Ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team.
• Travel to meetings in the community, including home and school visits.
• Valid driver’s license, car, and proof of insurance required.
• Individuals from, or with connections to, North Lawndale or adjacent neighborhoods will be given special consideration.
• Willingness to live in North Lawndale preferred.
Lawndale Christian Legal Center is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and organizational needs. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of those we serve.
North Lawndale residents and minorities encouraged to apply.
The Juvenile Case Manager Supervisor is responsible for supervising the LCLC Juvenile Case Managers. The Supervisor works with his/her team to ensure clients (ages 17 and under) set and achieve educational, and personal goals and are…
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to: Latrionna Moore, at email@example.com. Include position title in email subject. The position, which is available immediately, will remain open until filled.