If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is seeking a Coordinator for Volunteer Engagement to support broad US mobilization efforts and ensure that LIRS volunteer initiatives, pipeline, and opportunities are integrated. They will be responsible for completing tasks and projects focused on volunteer engagement that further LIRS's mission. The Coordinator for Volunteer Engagement will support the Outreach team's goal of providing individual volunteers and communities clear opportunities to engage in concrete ways with the organizations' mission of providing refugee and migrant services. The Coordinator for Volunteer Engagement will focus on highlighting, promoting and maintaining the programmatic projects for individual volunteers and communities to engage throughout the US. Reporting to the Director for Outreach, this position will support LIRS' campaign activities – bolstering impact, advocacy and fundraising goals through a national grassroots mobilization strategy for volunteers and communities.
For 80 years, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) has offered welcome and hope to more than half a million refugees. Since 1939, LIRS has transformed lives, with the support and hard work of people like you, to welcome the most vulnerable to the United States - from sea to shining sea.
LIRS is a national organization with a budget of over $88 million per year, and over 100 staff nationwide. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of staff and affiliates. As we continue to grow, we search for the best candidates and offer excellent benefits to include flexible work hours, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, professional development funds, parental leave, a 403(b) with organizational match and more!
- Serve as the Outreach team's primary point of contact regarding communication with individual constituents who seek to volunteer. This includes responding to emails from Outreach inbox, staffing volunteer information requests, web submissions, recording information about needs, and data management.
- Build cohesion within volunteer opportunity networks across the country including regular engagement with networks and will spearhead coordinating logistics for: the Detention Visitation program, Pen Pal programs, and Detention Chaplain relationships.
- Recruit volunteers for the work of LIRS. Maintain communication with existing volunteers (retention, gratitude, and deepening of individual engagement). This includes holding calls and events to thank volunteers or send individual correspondences. This position would serve as the primary staffer for the inaugural LIRS Gratitude Gala.
- Work to strengthen partnerships with affiliate, network, and partner organizations to provide additional volunteer support, including supporting the launch of a national virtual ESL program supporting refugees and migrants.
- Assist Network Organizer and Manager of Outreach Programs to support of annual and constituent programs that serve to recruit and support volunteers. This includes: supporting expanded volunteer engagement with LIRS faith-based trainings and resources, the LIRS Ambassador Network, online data collection, and content offered via the web based LIRS Volunteer Action Center.
- Advertise new and expanded volunteer initiatives by collaboratively creating audience specific marketing tools, including email marketing, newsletters, webinars and/or calls.
- Document external interactions and relationships that drive impact utilizing a Salesforce CRM tool as the primary vehicle. Contribute to a simple, customizable metric dashboard to inform a variety of internal stakeholders, such as a specific constituent's interactions with LIRS, the status of their engagements, and any outstanding issues.
- Collaborate with Program, Communications, Advocacy, and Development colleagues to create clear volunteer engagement pathways.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Direct experience managing volunteers and serving external constituencies.
- Experience serving as a contact person for a diverse network of individuals.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce
- Demonstrated willingness to explore and learn new technology (hardware and software) to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in drafting and proofing communications.
- Experience working in a faith based non-profit organization preferred
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to details.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and knowledge in database management, preferably Salesforce, to track and report impact and engagement.
- Participates in project management activities, including researching information and updating related documents
- Deep commitment to LIRS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time.