Provide legal representation to victims of domestic violence across a range of issues, including protection from abuse, child custody, support and any related matter of legal significance. Primary area of focus will be custody and support. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following range of services: litigating cases originating as domestic violence matters; conducting client interviews, making court appearances, representing clients in trials, and performing all necessary legal work; participating in program evaluation and planning to ensure that the Legal Center is improving the legal system’s response to battered women; and providing functional supervision of Legal Center staff and interns working on assigned cases. In addition, attend meetings of relevant community programs and legal associations as requested by the Legal Center Director and Managing Attorney as well as perform speaking engagements or community trainings as appropriate. All responsibilities are implemented according to our mission and values and according to Agency standards, including the Sanctuary Model ®.
· A Juris Doctorate, with a current license to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is required.
· Familiarity with the court system in regard to domestic violence issues is strongly preferred.
· Experience with legal representation to victims of domestic violence preferred.
· Three (3) years of experience in family law and/or public interest, preferred.
· Demonstrated excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills are required.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively represent an advocacy agency or function is required.
· Demonstrated ability to organize time and detail, including keeping of records, is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population is required.
· Demonstrated commitment to service of others is required.
· Bilingualism, Spanish/English is strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates of color, LGBTQIA communities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
A very comprehensive and competitive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Human Resources: email@example.com.