The National Landing Business Improvement District (BID) is seeking an economic development professional to serve as the organization’s Economic Development Analyst. This newly created position will work within the Planning and Development Division and will support all aspects of the BID’s programmatic work in economic development, development review, and community planning. This role will help inform the BID’s market strategy by uncovering opportunities for growth through data and analysis and will amplify the organization’s economic development program across market sectors. We are looking for a high energy, entrepreneurial professional to support the BID’s mission to become an inclusive, vibrant, and well-connected downtown by elevating the area’s economic development profile regionally and nationally. The ideal candidate will be excited about our team-based environment, will champion National Landing’s competitive position through the development of quarterly market profiles, and will creatively develop new infographics and data visualizations for public facing reports and presentations. This role will be engaged in tracking, monitoring, and reviewing ongoing development and planning projects and help shape development transforming the area. The analyst will assist with small business support including grant programs. All candidates interested in applying must be passionate about National Landing’s vibrant future and have a proven track record in economic development, urban planning, real estate, or community development. If you get motivation by working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and are interested in learning from forward-thinking, thought leaders and placemaking experts, please consider applying. This position will report directly to the VP of Planning and Development and will work closely with the Planning and Transportation Project Manager.
*NOTE: This position was previously advertised under a Project Manager title, but has since been restructured as an Analyst position. This is an early career opportunity suited for recent graduates with technical capabilities including mapping, data visualization, and analytical skills.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Coordinate and track progress on all new real estate development and public infrastructure projects in National Landing.
• Perform mapping and GIS work for the BID and oversee a project development database and corresponding maps/models including the development map.
• Work with Planning and Development Team to coordinate development updates with construction managers related to progress on local development.
• Along with Planning & Transportation Project Manager, monitor and participate in Arlington County’s various planning processes for land use, parks, and other planning-related studies including reviewing documents, attending meetings, and formulating formal responses.
• Support business outreach and development efforts working with the Communications and Outreach Coordinator
• Develop and manage grant programs that support the viability and resilience of existing brick and mortar retail and restaurant businesses and increase opportunities for small, minority-owned businesses.
• Help develop and project manage equity and sustainability initiatives.
• Create strong visual representation of data in maps, presentations, reports, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree with 3-4 years of work experience or Master’s degree with 1-2 years in planning, community/economic development, architecture, real estate, or related field or planning professionals with comparable experience;
• Substantive knowledge of and interest in urban planning, community and economic development, urban design, and real estate
• Strong writing, editing, communications, and interpersonal skills
• Analytical orientation and excellent organizational and project management capability
• Strong mapping and GIS skills
• Data visualization skills and facility working with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop; InDesign) preferred
• Flexible, adaptive, resourceful, and capable problem-solver
• Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and work collaboratively as part of a team
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite; Google Workplace, Tableau, Arc GIS, Microsoft Excel, CoStar, STR Data, and other economic development market programs
• Enthusiastic and enjoy working in a dynamic, flexible, fast-paced environment
The National Landing BID offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a convenient Metro accessible location. The BID is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The BID celebrates diversity and is committed to cultivating a highly talented workforce and provide a welcoming, inclusive, collaborative, and fun work environment, where work-life balance is valued for every employee. Creativity and entrepreneurial spirit are encouraged within the BID’s fast-paced and talented team.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Interested applicants should provide cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Economic Development Project Analyst” no later than Friday, November 12th, COB.
The National Landing Business Improvement District (BID) is seeking an economic development professional to serve as the organization’s Economic Development Analyst. This newly created position will work within the Planning and…
Interested applicants should provide cover letter and resume to email@example.com with a subject line of “Economic Development Project Analyst” no later than Friday, November 12th, COB
Interested applicants should provide cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Economic Development Project Analyst” no later than Friday…