14 Pennsylvania Plaza
At Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance (OCRFA), we work every day to fund cures, foster community, further conversations and, ultimately, the cause. As the largest private funder of ovarian cancer research, OCRFA invests $6 million a year in innovative, promising research being conducting at medical institutions throughout the country. Our peer-to-peer patient support program, Woman to Woman, provides hope and insight by pairing newly diagnosed patients with survivors who have already been through the fight and our Ovarian Cancer National Conference brings survivors together to connect, share their stories and learn about new developments in research and treatment. As the voice of the ovarian cancers community, OCRFA advocates for more resources and policies on Capitol Hill and helps educate future health professionals through our Survivors Teaching Students® program. Together, we are united to defeat ovarian cancer.
OCRFA seeks a Development and Events Manager to join the organization in support of OCRFA’s mission and organizational priorities.
The Development and Events Manager will provide support to the development department growing and managing OCRFA’s diverse roster of local fundraisers held throughout the country, with a primary focus on 3rd party events and Ovarian Cycle, OCRFA’s signature endurance event. The Development and Events Manager will be responsible for nurturing current donor and volunteer relationships and building new ones with a goal towards increasing revenue and awareness of OCRFA. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated and the ultimate team player. This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Events and Corporate Partnerships, and works closely with OCRFA donors, outside event producers and vendors, local sponsors, event chairs and committee members. The Manager will also work in tandem with the development staff to provide critical support to strengthen and grow nationwide event performance and develop new events for the organization. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Work closely with event chairs, committee members and volunteers to assist with the planning and execution of OCRFA’s events
- Manage online event pages; produce and distribute participation and donor reports; enter offline contributions; assist participants and donors by phone and email
- Provide guidance to volunteer committees for each event to ensure that committee members are fully supported and accomplish tasks required for event success; develop relationships via telephone and email with event chairs and committee members
- Provide on-the-ground assistance, when necessary, to ensure successful event execution, and/or coordinate efforts with other relevant staff or Board members at events as needed.
- Assist with the recruitment of new committee chairs, committee members and event volunteers
- Approve and process vendor invoices, track event expenses, and provide revenue reports for events.
- Develop and maintain local events calendar; coordinate communications efforts, web and social media content and event promotion with Marketing & Communications Department; implement event eblasts as needed
- Maintain inventory of OCRFA collateral and coordinate shipments to events as needed
- Review and edit/approve all materials created by Committees
- Maintain event photo archives and manage social media distribution with Marketing and Communications department
- Monitor all social media promotion conducted by Committees
- Provide support for other OCRFA fundraising events as needed, including vendor and donor registration, volunteer management, production assistance and various planning tasks
- Represent OCRFA at select events
- Participate in regular development team meetings
- Perform related duties in support of Development Department as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Enthusiastic self-starter with impeccable attention to detail while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective and polished communicator and relationship builder with the skills to work fluidly with staff, donors and volunteers with a collaborative and professional team spirit.
- The ability to provide the highest-level of donor support is vital
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, database, online fundraising and ecommunications platform (Salesforce NPSP, Classy and ActiveCampaign preferred)
- Sensitivity to and interest in the mission of OCRFA
OCRFA is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required