The City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program unites artists and communities through a collaborative process, rooted in the traditions of mural-making, to create art that transforms public spaces and individual lives. Since its inception in 1984, Mural Arts has created more than 3,000 community driven murals and provided thousands of under-served youth and adults with award-winning arts education programming.
Oversees the daily work activities of the office.
· Performs or facilitates maintenance of office equipment including cleaning, maintenance, and repairs.
· Serve as the receptionist for all visitors to the Eakins building and answer the main office phone
line; answer all inquiries or direct calls to colleagues when appropriate
· Serves as administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer - Manage calendar and coordinate a variety of complex meetings, appointments etc.
· Answer Chief Operating Officer Phone line and take clear and comprehensive messages. Route
and screen all phone, voice mail and email messages for the Chief Operating Officer
· Responsible for sorting and distributing mail, and preparing documents.
· Maintains inventory of office supplies; orders new supplies as needed.
· Receive, Large shipments, organize and store all incoming packages and notify appropriate staff
· Point of contact for mural and office wide- maintenance and facility issues
· Working with crew personnel to capture Operations activities; graffiti removals, lot cleanups, etc., and enter them onto spreadsheet
· Printing and delivering Operations forms (Work Orders, Lift/ Scaffold forms, Delivery forms, etc.,) to appropriate crew personnel.
· Miscellaneous administrative tasks as assigned.
· Extensive knowledge of office management procedures.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Google Office or related software.
· Driver’s License required to operate a City of Philadelphia vehicle and transport senior staff as
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree in office administration or
related field preferred.
· At least three years of administrative and clerical experience required.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Salary: Competitive compensation, including health and dental benefits.
Anticipated start date: Late February 2020
For further information on the City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program, please visit www.muralarts.org.
The City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program unites artists and communities through a collaborative process, rooted in the traditions of mural-making, to create art that transforms public spaces and individual lives. Since its inception…
Please submit resume and cover letter to Magda Martinez, Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying you are applying for the position of “Assistant to COO/Office Manager” in the subject line. Resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted. Deadline to apply: January 28, 2020. No phone calls please.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Magda Martinez, Chief Operating Officer, at email@example.com specifying you are applying for the position of “Assistant to COO…