Details: Salary depending on experience.
31 Mamaroneck Avenue
Department: Public Programs
Reports to: Director of Public Programs
Responsibilities: Relationship building, retail management, event development and management
The Retail & Special Events Coordinator works as a member of a small and productive team to facilitate programs that engage with the Hudson Valley regional artistic community and public at large. The Retail & Special Events Coordinator will oversee two related initiatives within ArtsWestchester’s Public Programs department: the Shop at ArtsWestchester, and exhibition and public program audience development. The Retail & Special Events Coordinator is a member of ArtsWestchester’s Public Programs team, but will regularly collaborate with the Communications and Development departments as appropriate on projects.
The Shop at ArtsWestchester is a boutique retail space that provides a sales outlet for regional artists and artisans, and generates revenue that supports ArtsWestchester’s programs in community. ArtsWestchester seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and interests to apply. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities related to the Shop at ArtsWestchester include:
- Recruiting artists and artisans to consign their wares to the Shop at ArtsWestchester.
- Managing artist relationships.
- Maintaining Shop inventory.
- Providing regular income/expense updates to Director of Public Programs and Director of Administration.
- Developing merchandise display
- Training gallery sitters and Shop intern on sales, inventory tracking, etc.
- Staff Shop during events such as exhibition openings, Arts Bash, Jazz Fest concerts, and others as required.
Special Events and Community Outreach responsibilities include:
- Managing ArtsWestchester’s Gallery Nite Out event, a monthly after-hours event at the gallery.
- Developing relationships with local organizations (civic, residential, artistic, etc)
- Soliciting and booking groups for tours of ArtsWestchester’s exhibitions.
- Oversight of ArtsWestchester’s online Artist Directory.
- Managing rental inquires and bookings of ArtsWestchester’s gallery.
- Experience in event planning and/or retail management.
- Experience of working with artists.
- Familiarity with Contemporary Art
- Excellent organization skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Good proven computer skills with experience of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, remaining calm under pressure, and to quickly find your feet in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication and accuracy in written communication
- ·Good negotiation skills and the ability to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy
- Familiarity with Wordpress and Mailchimp.
- Competency with Photoshop and Adobe suite
- Conversation and written Spanish
Salary: $25,000-$30,000 depending on experience. ArtsWestchester offers a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to Kathleen Reckling, Director of Public Programs at kreckling@ArtsWestchester.org with “RETAIL & SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATOR” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
ArtsWestchester offers a competitive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish written and conversational encouraged, but not required.
Minimum Education Required