The Innovation Center for Energy and Transportation (iCET, www.icet-usa.org), an international think tank in the areas of e-mobility, climate policy, and cleantech innovation, is a non-profit organization registered in Los Angeles California. Our mission is to strengthen global collaboration and provide decision makers at all levels with the urgently needed innovative solutions to solve the energy, environment, and climate crises amid our fast-changing world. We focus on transformational changes in socio-technologies and policies, harness private-public partnership on problem solving, embrace a green lifestyle, and work towards sustainable development.
U.S.-China Cleantech Center (UCCTC) was established in 2013 as a joint-partnership program between iCET and the US Dept. of Commerce to promote clean technology innovation and collaboration between U.S. and China. We are currently seeking a motivated professional who desire to work on cutting-edges issues in promoting US-China collaborations on sustainability research and decarbonization technologies. The position will be full-time and based in downtown Los Angeles.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, and in coordination with LA and Beijing based staff members, this position will coordinate various activities associated iCET and UCCTC programs.
The ideal candidate is expected to:
· Assist in program development and implementation, conduct analytical and marketing research, assist in fundraising and proposal writing, support report and news briefing writing, manage social media outreach on various projects.
· Participate and contribute to projects and research on e-mobility and net-zero transportation roadmap studies for global supercity-clusters and megacities.
· Follow trends in US/China clean energy and climate policies and communicate with Los Angeles and Beijing team. Represent iCET /UCCTC at meetings and conferences, enhance iCET /UCCTC’s public and media engagement
· Assist business development for new and existing UCCTC services and projects, including inviting US companies for trade missions, developing marketing briefings and report, providing export and consulting services.
· Oversee and maintain UCCTC partnership database and assist in building partnerships with US federal and local government agencies, trade associations, companies and other industry practitioners.
Basic Skills and Knowledge
· 2+ years of work experience required in an environmental, clean energy, business consulting or relevant field.
· Native English is preferred, and ability to interface with U.S. government (federal, states, cities) and engage directly with senior decision makers and business leaders.
· Excellent communication skills and interpersonal/teamwork skills; creative, yet detail oriented.
· Excellent writing/drafting skills for proposals and reports.
· Excellent social and networking skills for developing partnerships.
· A Master’s degree in public policy, international affairs, energy/environment, business, or related field from a reputable academic institution is highly preferred.
· Self-motivated and long-term commitment for environment and sustainability
· Strong analytical skills, preferably with technical background in the area of clean energy, environmental technology, etc.
· Able to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities
· Able to attend occasional calls or events in the evening
· Basic knowledge of working in non-profit or public sector
The Innovation Center for Energy and Transportation (iCET, www.icet-usa.org), an international think tank in the areas of e-mobility, climate policy, and cleantech innovation, is a non-profit organization registered in Los Angeles…
English / Native level
English / Native level