2215 Raggio Parkway
The Desert Research Institute is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Vice President for Finance and Business (VPFB), the Executive Assistant independently manages and oversees the day-to-day constituency services, and administrative support activities within the Finance and Business Office. The Executive Assistant will serve as the liaison between the VP of Finance and Business areas of responsibility, and institute faculty and staff, as well as external constituencies with regards to internal/external dissemination of departmental information, questions regarding policies and procedures, and reports of problems and complaints. Responsibilities include researching, prioritizing, and following up on multiple issues and concerns, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature. Managing a variety of special projects, some of which may have institutional impact. Managing the VP Finance and Business financial accounts and making recommendations regarding the operating budgets of the office. This position also serves as business and financial administrator for all areas reporting to the VP of Finance and Business and the Workday project.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in support of a senior administrator or executive.
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in budget preparation and fiscal management and analysis, accounting principles, practices and procedures.
· Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Outstanding interpersonal skills and proven abilities in relationship building.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with co-workers and colleagues.
· Demonstrated knowledge of administrative policies and procedures that can be applied in a higher education or research type organization.
· Strong grasp of and demonstrated experience in office protocols, office management principles and procedures, professional work practices, administrative policies and procedures, proven ability to organize resources and establish priorities.
Comp Grade B: Starting salary is commensurate with experience and education. DRI offers a benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance; including 14.5% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and the choice of two health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts. Additionally, there is no state income tax and no social security deduction. This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
How to Apply/Required Attachments
Qualified individuals interested in this position must apply online at https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/DRI-External/job/DRI---Reno-NV/Executive-Assistant-for-the-Vice-President-for-Finance-and-Business_R0112433. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received or a hiring decision has been made.
For questions regarding this position, please call Human Resources at 775-673-7332.
DRI is an AA/EEO employer who gives consideration in employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. Individuals with disabilities or protected veteran status are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required