105 14th Avenue
The Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle is seeking an experienced Job Developer for the CBA (Career Bridge Advantage) program. Career Bridge Advantage is a workforce development program designed to get King County’s “homeless” population connected to employment. After program participants are enrolled and have been assessed, the Job Developer will be specifically tasked with connecting this population to employment. As part of the plan, the Job Developer will identify each area in which clients will need assistance to secure their employment goals and objectives which include resume building, meeting with recruiters, referring candidates, hosting job fairs and more.
● Develop specific job opportunities that match the participants’ skills, work experience, related training and interests.
● Screen and match CBA participants with employment opportunities based on their skills, work experience, hobbies and interests.
● Maintain relationships with existing employers and establishes relationships with new employers who are willing to hire CBA participants.
● Pre-plan development activities to ensure the identification of opportunities to meet contractual obligations.
● Help develop and customize participants’ resumes and cover letters to fit identified opportunities.
● Conduct reviews of existing employer partnerships on a regular basis to evaluate employer demand and determines how best to improve and/or leverage relationship to meet placement objectives.
● Identify and develop a strategic service plan that serves both the employers’ hiring needs and CBA’s placement needs.
● Conduct resume and cover letter writing workshops.
● Act as the liaison among employers, the CBA program participants.
● Write reports documenting program participant job placements.
● Evaluate participant’s progress in securing employment and retention.
● Schedule daily prospecting/cold calls and face-to-face meetings with employers.
● Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual placement goals as prescribed and in accordance with CBA contractual obligations.
● Document, consistently and accurately, in real time, all participant and employer contact, activities and outcomes into CBA’s computerized employer database system.
● Update employer information in CBA’s computerized employer database system.
● Commute to job fairs, hiring events, and conventions for networking opportunities.
● Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time.
Baseline Skills: Must be computer literate. Must have strong communication and people skills. Must have the ability to prioritize and organize information under pressure.
● High School Diploma or equivalent education
● Proficient in Microsoft Office
● Reliable Transportation
● Social work / Non-profit experience
● Able to work independently and as part of a team
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Self motivated and time management
● Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities
● Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
● AA or BA in preferred or equivalent experience in related field
● Experience in Recruiting or Human Resources
● Experience in using HMIS
Salary & Benefits:
● Pay range $18/hr - $21/hr
● Excellent benefits including medical and dental after 60 day probationary period
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to Deionte Petty at email listed above.