Founded in 1972, Covenant House is the largest charity across the hemisphere serving homeless, trafficked and runaway youth. Located in 31 cities across 6 countries (Canada, the United States, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua) Covenant House offers a broad range of essential services to help youth move from poverty to opportunity and from homelessness to hope. These services include emergency shelter, transitional and supported housing, food, clothing, legal aid, medical care, educational services (including high school diploma programs and GED certificate programs), job training and placement services, childcare and parenting support programs.
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The Sleep Out Community Manager’s primary responsibility will be to recruit new individuals and teams to participate in New York City Sleep Out events by identifying previously untapped markets, conducting outreach to companies, industries, special interest groups, and other circles of influence, and pitching Sleep Out -- essentially, pounding the pavement to make new friends for Covenant House. The Sleep Out Community Manager will also work to improve the existing recruitment streams, which will include working collaboratively with the Volunteer Coordinator as well as the Special Events, Corporate Partnerships, Public Relations, and Digital Fundraising teams. These efforts will also include marketing, shaping and influencing the Sleep Out brand.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Effectively promote Covenant House and Sleep Out on a year-round basis to maximize participation and fundraising.
● Develop and implement an engagement plan to cultivate, educate, inspire, and solicit corporate contacts, community leaders, and other prospects, with an eye towards highly effective connectors who could become team captains.
● Regularly solicit, coordinate and give presentations to all levels of leadership at a variety of events, companies, and special interest groups.
● Participate in identifying potential prospective new participant channels.
● Execute a portfolio of community-based events, optimizing existing activities with accountability for recruitment targets, as well as event-related mission and advocacy activities.
● Ensure goal achievement through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilization of prospects.
● Improve and develop effective marketing tools, materials, and resources.
● Secure a minimum of 70 first-time New York City Sleep Out participants in first year.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
● Relationship Building - Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization and externally with the community. Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet objectives and goals.
● Resilient - Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
● Project Leadership - Experience in planning, leading, and managing projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers.
● Communications - Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and adapting based on that understanding.
● Action-oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. Outcome driven; strong project management ability.
● Responsive - Monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks, adjust approach and demeanor to align with shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
● Attracts top talent - Attracts and identifies high-capacity influencers to meet current and future recruitment goals. Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
● Participant-focus - Builds strong participant relationships and delivering participant-centric solutions. Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing and resolving issues with constituents.
● Drive engagement - Create a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
● Balance stakeholders - Anticipate and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders.
● Proven success - Accomplishments in development, marketing or sales, running campaigns and securing fundraising, or other relevant experience.
● Must be computer literate and proficient in Google G-Suite, Microsoft Office, and Social Media/Sharing Channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Vimeo).
● Must organize tasks and deadlines using the team’s project management tool (Asana).
● beginner-level knowledge of graphic design software a plus (Photoshop, Canva, etc).
● Must be able to work collaboratively in a diverse team environment.
● Must be able to travel around New York City and work evenings and weekends as needed (will include attendance at at least seven NYC signature Sleep Out events).
● Must be dedicated to the mission of Covenant House.
● Experience with P2P software (DonorDrive, Blackbaud/Convio, Classy, etc), content management systems (Drupal), email marketing tools (EMMA, Silverpop, Mailchimp, etc) a plus.
● A working knowledge of women’s networks or the insurance, real estate, finance, film, and television industries a plus.
● 3-4 years of relevant experience in peer-to-peer or other fundraising, communications, new business development, sales, marketing, or account management.
Founded in 1972, Covenant House is the largest charity across the hemisphere serving homeless, trafficked and runaway youth. Located in 31 cities across 6 countries (Canada, the United States, Mexico, Guatemala…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a defined contribution plan (403)b plan with an annual employer contribution, medical and dental insurance, employee assistance plan, long-term disability plan, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation, personal days, sick days and paid holidays.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a defined contribution plan (403)b plan with an annual employer contribution, medical and dental insurance, employee…
To apply for this position, candidates should e-mail a cover letter and current resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sleep Out Community Manager-NYC” as the subject line.
Covenant House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, candidates should e-mail a cover letter and current resume with salary requirements to email@example.com with “Sleep Out Community…