Details: Commesurate with experience
18 Tremont Street
A great opportunity in the non-profit development field, GLAD’s Executive Assistant provides assistance to the Executive Director and Director of Development in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include administrative support for the Executive Director and Director of Development, including scheduling, travel, and reimbursements; supporting the work of the board of directors, including managing meetings, documents, and communications; tracking communications in the donor database; scheduling appointments and preparing for donor visits; and tracking departmental revenue and expenses.
This is a one year position, with the possibility of extension depending on funding.
The ideal candidate will have one to two years or more of professional experience in a nonprofit office setting and experience in supporting executives and directors. Experience with donor cultivation and stewardship (or comparable customer service experience) a plus. The ability to take initiative, anticipate needs, and play a supportive role is a must. Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines, set priorities, and maintain confidentiality are also critical. Strong communication skills are required, as is a commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office is a must. Knowledge of Salesforce or other donor software is preferred. Knowledge of issues affecting the LGBTQ and HIV-positive communities is a plus.
1. Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Director of Development, including but not limited to drafting correspondence to major donors, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements, and preparing materials for meetings with GLAD’s board, donors, and prospects.
2. Post and track reports, meeting minutes, and other documents to the board of directors’ website, managing RSVPs for board meetings and ordering food, support the work of board committees, including the board development committee, by preparing monthly reports, providing donor information as needed, and coordinating other committee details.
3. Engage with donors as directed.
4. Summarize and enter communications and donor information into Salesforce database.
5. Prepare expense reports and monitor for accuracy.
6. Support the GLAD reception team, screening, and triaging in-coming calls to the organization, as needed.
7. Support development department systems, procedures, and operations and assist with carrying out development objectives and priorities for entire organization, as needed.
Excellent benefits include health, dental and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) with employer contribution; three weeks vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume via e-mail (no phone calls) to Brianna Boggs, Director of Development: email@example.com. Please include the “Executive Assistant” title in the subject line.
Only applications with both cover letter and résumé will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled