1395 Lexington Avenue
The Network and Program Manager will be responsible for helping grow the Belfer Center’s unique brand of “distributed” programming that unites people all over the world around educational, community, leadership and artistic initiatives. The Network and Program Manager will manage network outreach, content development and community management for several such initiatives, including 7 Days of Genius, Women inPower, Ben Franklin Circles and other projects and initiatives developed by the department. The role will require an ability to brainstorm creative new ways to drive participation both online and off; pursue new collaborations with outside organizations; and manage relationships with internal 92Y departments.
- Manage a growing network of cultural/community/academic institutions, media outlets and individuals, providing guidance, support and ensuring engagement around Belfer Center initiatives;
- Develop project resources including toolkits, blog posts, marketing materials and video and digital content to support Belfer Center initiatives;
- Manage social media accounts and closed Facebook groups, to build engagement and coordinate with networks and external partners;
- Conceive of social media campaigns to drive project reach and attract new audiences;
- Work with internal 92Y digital and creative teams to develop and produce content to promote Belfer Center initiatives;
- Work with internal 92Y departments including marketing, digital, creative, legal and executive offices to market and promote Belfer Center initiatives;
- In collaboration with the Director, Global Networks and Programs, assist in tracking grant deliverables and Center budget lines; and
- May be assigned other tasks and duties reasonably related to their job responsibilities.
Education, Skills and Experience
- 4 - 6 years of relevant community management, educational outreach, public programming or audience development;
- Demonstrable in-depth understanding of social media and digital content trends with the proven ability to identify content that works across differing social media channels;
- Proven capability and success in managing multi-level collaborations;
- Strong story-telling instincts and writing skills accompanied by sound editorial judgment and ability to envision creative ways of presenting materials; and
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of, interest in, and an active network within media, arts, culture and the humanities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in speaking a second language highly desirable
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit both your resume and a cover letter.