We Propel Human Potential. SEO is an educational non-profit focused on improving outcomes for students that come from underserved and historically underrepresented backgrounds. For over 50 years, SEO has been an innovator in education, mentorship, and creating educational programs and opportunities that maximize the full potential of our students. We are on a mission to create an ecosystem of excellence for the students we serve!
ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARS
SEO Scholars is a free eight-year academic program that gets low-income public high school students to and through college–with a 90% college graduation rate. In high school, we offer intensive year-round academic preparation via a carefully calibrated, rigorously assessed course of supplemental education. Scholars also receive one-on-one mentorship, enrichment opportunities, SAT prep and strategy courses, tutoring, and individualized guidance through the college application and admissions process. (Learn more here: SEO Scholars)
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Development Manager is an integral member of a small, fast-paced team committed to executing our mission with excellence and conviction every day. The primary role of the Development Manager is to cultivate key annual supporters and ensure all data, marketing, and communications resources are effectively supporting the development team’s stewardship/cultivation efforts. The position reports to the Associate Director of Development and partners with the Executive Director, New York Development team, and the national Finance team in New York.
- Collaborate with Associate Director of Development to manage revenue-generating activities, including the tracking and management of board, individual, and corporate fundraising plans and efforts
- Manage and/or provide support for annual events, including the Achievement Benefit, cultivation events, Leadership Council events, program visits, and board meetings
- Assist in the execution of fundraising campaigns by providing creative input, timelines, and campaign data, and serving as the primary contact for vendors
- Support volunteer Leadership Council and collaborate closely with co-chairs and Associate Director of Development around annual activities and revenue-generating strategies
- Ensure donor information and prospect cultivation activities are kept up to date in Salesforce to enhance the donor experience
- Research prospective individual, foundation and corporate funders and prepare meeting briefs; provide support around corporate engagement opportunities
- Manage SF's marketing plan and produce content for annual communications, including newsletters, appeals, event mailings, and online materials in partnership with Associate Director of Development
- Support Associate Director of Development in tracking revenue; prepare revenue documentation and reports and reconcile regional revenue records with Finance’s accounts
- Ongoing management of donor database and gift processing to ensure that gifts are acknowledged, processed, coded and documented with the national Finance team in New York
- Manage database and ensure development team uses Salesforce to track data, cultivation, and stewardship efforts effectively
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing financial summaries for review by the SEO Scholars SF advisory board
- Manage the AmeriCorps VISTA member and temporary development staff and hiring processes as needed
- Partner with the SF Program team on collaborative work, including program visits, data requests, and corporate and volunteer opportunities
- Meticulously track development expenses, ensuring that all expenditures are accurately coded to provide clear line of sight into how the region is tracking against budget
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of work experience; 1-3 years of development or event management experience, preferably including team operations, and database management.
- Proven track record of securing support from individuals, foundations, and/or corporations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent proficiency with fundraising &/or CRM databases (Salesforce preferred) & Microsoft Office programs, especially Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high level of professionalism
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects at once, meet deadlines and handle changing priorities
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends for special events
- 1-3 years of experience managing people (volunteers, staff members, etc).
- Familiarity and/or experience with the landscape of public education and youth communities in San Francisco
- Passion for closing the achievement gap on the high school and college level for first-generation and low-income students
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to visually or hearing impaired, please email SEO Careers Help.
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.