590 Sixth Ave
The Foundling reaches 27,000 children and families each year in all five boroughs of New York City, surrounding counties, and Puerto Rico. Established in 1869, our vision is a community where every person, regardless of background or circumstance, enjoys the safe, stable, and supportive relationships needed to reach his or her full potential. To achieve this, we provide evidence-based and evidence-informed programs that focus on keeping families together, preventing abuse and neglect, providing academic support for children, and giving people with developmental disabilities the tools and training they need to lead independent lives.
We have opportunities for Registered Nurses working in our Individualized Alternative Residences serving adults with developmental disabilities. Full time positions are available to cover residences located in Nanuet, NY. Part time and Per diem Positions are also available!
- Assess service recipients on an ongoing basis for changes in their health status.
- Provide routine and emergency nursing care to consumers.
- Train and monitor Direct Care staff on assigned aspect of individual health care (includes medication and administration).
- Maintain nurse’s notes and other appropriate documentation of activities as appropriate.
- Prepare assigned individual Annual Quarterly and Special case review nursing summaries.
- Participate in individual medical appointments.
- Order/reorder medication from pharmacy as required.
- Prepare physicians orders consults medication sheets etc. as assigned.
- Current NYS RN license required.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required. Bachelors in Nursing preferred.
- 1-2 years medical surgery pediatric or psychiatric nursing preferred.
- Experience with MR/DD preferred
- AMAP, SCIP, First Aid, and CPR Certified Preferred.
- Good written/verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Foundling offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, tuition reimbursement, in-service training, flexible work schedules and competitive salaries. We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying on our website at www.nyfoundling.org/about/jobs/. The position is listed as Registered Nurse. Apply Directly by clicking here