Reporting to the Associate Executive Director, the Development Manager will join the New Jersey Metro & Rockland County’s Signature Events fundraising team leading the charge with our corporate efforts in support of four key signature events including a $1.5 million Gala, two tasting events, and a golf tournament; as well as stewarding these corporate sponsors across all Chapter programs and activities. This role will have lead oversight of the corporate portfolio associated with our One Walk Program in the fall, as well as oversight of the All In for our Heroes event. Additionally, this staff person will work hand in hand with members of the chapter leadership team to have significant oversight in the development of our corporate pipeline, managing existing corporate relationships, supporting our Chapter wide corporate committee, and identifying and cultivating new partnerships across all events.
As a member of the New Jersey Metro & Rockland County Chapter development team, the manager will help support other fundraising, outreach and stewardship programs and events as needed.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead all aspects of corporate partnerships across all programs throughout the chapter:
- Build strategic vision along with leadership team and full chapter staff
- Working with the Associate Executive Director, lead oversight of new pipeline development across all events, resulting in $100,000 of new income annually
- Manage a portfolio of existing sponsors across all platforms to cultivate relationships to ensure continued support
- Manage sponsor deliverables across all programs
- Support the Director, P2P programming through oversight of walk corporate teams, local management of National Corporate Partnerships, and new sponsorship income development.
- Partnering with Development Manager and Associate Executive Director, build a develop the “Heroes” Event Campaigns and leading the Northern New Jersey All In For Our Heroes event to raise $52,500.
- Identify and develop corporate training opportunities and networking events for all members of the NJ Metro Staff team
- Must be a team player who can achieve individual objectives and support those of the entire chapter team.
- Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities and guiding principles of JDRF.
- Establish a network and represent the organization in professional societies/organizations.
- Serve as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the Chapter. Collaborate with an outstanding team of local staff as well as national/regional staff resources to ensure the Chapter’s growth and success, discuss best practices, and share new ideas.
- Help develop and implement strategies for chapter fundraising activities to sustain continued growth, maximum penetration of core market areas and opportunities for expansion where appropriate.
- Identify, build, and steward relationships with community, civic and corporate leaders as an integral part of volunteer and donor prospect development and engagement in JDRF activities.
- Utilize social media to increase visibility and promote signature programs and events.
- Ensure personal accountability for meeting deadlines and responding to volunteers and other department requests.
- Three years of fundraising experience or relevant business/volunteer experience. CFRE a plus.
- Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an amazing team player!
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Significant computer literacy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
Minimum Education Required