About The Tech
The Tech Interactive is a family-friendly science and technology center in the heart of downtown San Jose. Our hands-on activities, experimental labs and design challenge experiences empower people to innovate with creativity, curiosity and compassion. The Tech is a world leader in the creation of immersive STEAM education resources to develop the next generation of problem-solvers locally, nationally and globally. We believe that everyone is born an innovator who can change the world for the better.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including but not limited to those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or nonconforming, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Operations Coordinator is a non-exempt (hourly) position that reports to and supports the Chief Financial and Operations Officer and Senior Director of Operations, with administrative, accounting and coordination support. Duties include creating and maintaining Excel databases, following up on projects and financial data, creating and distributing reports, database entry, setting up and taking notes at meetings, tracking staffing and paperwork, and following up on operational requests with appropriate departments.
- Complete assigned multi-day projects that support the Operations team objectives
- Assist with the set-up and take-down of specialized meetings with The Tech Interactive’s partners.
- Prepare for staff meetings with proper agendas.
- Maintain electronic copies of contracts, personnel files, job descriptions, budgets and other Operations-related documents.
- Perform daily administrative duties including scanning and filing.
- Coordinate Chief Financial and Operations Officer and Senior Director of Operations scheduling, this includes managing calendar meetings.
- Coordination of Finance and Audit committee meetings and preparation of minutes.
- Coordinate and communicate with Board committee members as needed.
- Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets and other database documents to track and report against Operations team results including attendance, revenues, facility needs, safety issues and graphic needs. Ensure Operations team goals are met and paperwork is timely.
- Review monthly budget results with the Chief Financial and Operations Officer and Senior Director of Operations to disseminate budgets to the management team. Follow up with Finance on any outstanding questions or issues.
- Assist Finance department with various finance duties including some accounts payable tasks.
- Assist with both day-time and evening event setup and teardown as it supports the various events of the Operations team.
- Represent The Tech Interactive at functions as assigned.
- Other administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
- Two+ years of office administration and data accounting experience.
- Computer proficient with the ability to independently create, manipulate and alter Excel data sheets, PowerPoint slides and other reports along with a willingness to learn new programs.
- Experience with Smartsheets is a plus.
- Flexible work style that can handle last-minute details and requests calmly and efficiently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and calendar scheduling.
- Knowledge of basic office machines—copiers, faxes, etc. as well as expedient keyboarding skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and function as a part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, including phone, verbal and written. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals with varying communication styles.
- Ability to work with confidential materials and documents.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Available full-time mostly Monday through Friday but may be replaced by some weekend days and some evenings to accommodate organization operational needs.
- Ability to adhere to The Tech’s grooming guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Tech will provide an equal opportunity in recruitment and employment to all individuals and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.