The Delaware Center for Justice (DCJ) is seeking a full-time Clinical Case Manager for its Community Reintegration Services Program (CRSP). The Case Manager will be located at the Sussex County, Georgetown Probation Office and work in partnership with existing staff in New Castle and Kent County. The Clinical Case Manager will be responsible for providing intensive case management services to a caseload of adults on probation as well as facilitating regular group therapy sessions in Southern Delaware.
About the Delaware Center for Justice
The Delaware Center for Justice, Inc. is the leading non-profit organization in Delaware committed to transforming the quality of justice through advocacy, policy, and practice.. What began as the Prisoner’s Aid Society in 1920 has evolved into an organization that currently serves both adults and youth who are justice-involved – transforming the delivery of justice in Delaware and implementing programs that facilitate fresh starts for victims of crime, youth at risk, and the incarcerated. We are a diverse staff with one vision – to continue the legacy of making a difference in Delaware.
In pursuit of a higher quality of justice, DCJ focuses on issues and actions impacting the criminal justice system, including:
• Conditions of confinement
• Alternatives to incarceration
• Re-entry initiatives for incarcerated populations
• More cost-effective & efficient use of limited corrections resources
• Legislative reform
• Meeting the needs of victims of crime
• Crime prevention & intervention programs
About the Community Reintegration Services Program
The Community Reintegration Services Program (CRSP) provides case management support and other crucial services that foster successful reentry among individuals exiting prison who are currently on probation. Services that DCJ assists the client in coordinating include housing support, job search assistance, identification acquisition, educational/vocational placement, life skills and social support, and family reintegration.
CRSP services are targeted to empower clients, improve the client stability and independence, and decrease client’s criminogenic risk factors that influence recidivism.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties will include-
• Manage a caseload of individuals who have recently exited prison and are currently on probation
• Provide in-depth, wrap-around case management services to individual clients referred through the Probation Department
• Perform needs assessment with each client and create appropriate case plan
• Conduct individual case management sessions with clients, both at intake and at regular intervals while cases remain active
• Utilize a variety of interventions such as TCU Mapping, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing to support client wellbeing and target criminogenic risk factors.
• Coordinate services and actively place clients at relevant job training programs, housing sites/programs, employment sites/programs, social service programs, or substance abuse and mental health treatment services
• Assist in client’s resource utilization by accompanying clients to off-site programs, job sites, and social service providers
• Provide frequent client follow-up contact and support via phone, off-site visits, or office visits
• Facilitate Cognitive Behavioral group curriculum at Probation & Parole locations.
• Devise weekly lesson plans for groups using the Facilitator Guide of the curriculum
• Report on client participation in mandated groups
• Assist participants with building skills to manage daily stressors, improve impulse control and reduce negative behaviors.
• Communicate with the courts and probation and parole and advocate during court proceedings when needed
• Assess and report on client progress and participation at regular intervals.
• Track and update client information using database program
• Generate monthly, quarterly reports and year-end reports to Dept. of Corrections and Management
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
o Must have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and good sense of humor
o Must express a basic belief that people can change in positive ways
o Documented history of work experience involving at-risk service areas, such as justice-involved people, homelessness, behavioral health, and impoverished communities.
o Master’s degree in human services / social work and or licensure preferred. A Bachelor’s degree with significant relevant work experience will be considered.
o Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and writing skills are essential
o Ability to motivate and establish therapeutic alliance with clients
o Knowledge of, and demonstrated skills in, clinical counseling such as motivational interviewing and strengths-based case management, as well as training in conducting Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
o Five years experience performing intensive social service case management is desirable
o Computer literacy required (ability to compose and send emails, draft client case notes, use an internet-based database system, compose documents in Microsoft Word, and perform basic internet research)
o Ability to work independently and as part of a team
o Ability to multi-task and effectively manage work at different sites (in-office and off-site)
The Delaware Center for Justice (DCJ) is seeking a full-time Clinical Case Manager for its Community Reintegration Services Program (CRSP). The Case Manager will be located at the Sussex County, Georgetown Probation Office and work in…
Compensation & Benefits
This position is offered as a full-time exempt position (37.5 hours per week). DCJ offers a competitive package of employment benefits including health insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance. DCJ offers free parking and reimburses staff for on-the-job vehicle mileage.
Compensation & Benefits
This position is offered as a full-time exempt position (37.5 hours per week). DCJ offers a competitive package of employment benefits including…
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (providing available start date) and resume to Jessica Alicea at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Clinical Case Manager Position in subject line of email. No fax or mail applications, please. Applications must be submitted by July 1st.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (providing available start date) and resume to Jessica Alicea at email@example.com. Please write Clinical Case Manager…