275 7th Avenue
The Technology Solutions Administrator position is full-time, with benefits, and possible flexible/ remote location (within the US).
Founded initially after September 11th, 2001 as a worker relief center for affected restaurant workers and their families, the Restaurant Opportunities Centers United (ROC United) has grown into a national organization with restaurant worker members in New York, California, Boston, Chicago, Michigan, New Orleans, Pennsylvania, Seattle, and Washington, DC. In each region, we are organizing restaurant workers, employers, and consumers to improve wages and working conditions in the restaurant industry. Our national One Fair Wage campaign aims to raise the exploitative subminimum tipped wage to the full minimum wage while addressing gender and racial justice issue, lifting up especially women and people of color who represent the vast majority of the restaurant industry workforce.
Since its founding, ROC United has won more than a dozen workplace justice campaigns, winning more than $10 million in misappropriated tips and wages and discrimination payments for low-wage workers, and significant policy changes in high-profile restaurant companies covering thousands of workers. We have played an instrumental role in winning statewide minimum wage increases for tipped workers, and other policy campaigns at the local, state, and federal levels. ROC also partners with responsible restaurant owners to promote the ‘high road’ to profitability, has trained more than 5,000 restaurant workers to advance to livable-wage jobs within the industry, and has published over 30 ground-breaking reports and a nationally bestselling book on the restaurant industry.
We currently have affiliates operating in Michigan, Chicago, New York, Washington D.C., Bay Area, Boston, New Orleans (Gulf Coast), Pennsylvania, Los Angeles, and Seattle.
If you are excited about dedicating your professional career to the advancement of social, economic, racial, and gender justice; have a can-do attitude; meet our qualification requirements; and thrive in an intense, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you.
ROC United is hiring a Technology Solutions Administrator who will work report to the Director of Communications.
As our Technology Solutions Administrator, you will work collaboratively across the organization with a high level of initiative and independence but also accountability to support organization’s technology needs. In this role, under general supervision, you will perform functions within these areas:
Strategy and Planning (5%)
- Evaluate and analyze documented resolutions and trends; recommend ways to prevent recurring issues.
- Alert leadership to emerging trends and best practices in organizing technology, data security, and cloud infrastructure.
- Recommend and implement organization’s digital security protocols and systems.
Acquisition and Deployment (5%)
- Conduct research into software application products and services in support of the organization’s needs.
- Perform testing of new and existing software applications or SAS under development or consideration for purchase.
- Deploy new technology solutions across the organization.
System Maintenance and Support (40%)
- Administer appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Perform administrative functions for the systems in the application portfolio.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledge base as needed.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow up to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Act as the organization’s webmaster, maintaining web assets and overseeing domain management, web hosting, security, and CMS.
- Communicate with vendors to ensure technical assistance is provided under the existing purchase agreements and/or arrange for additional support when needed.
- Maintain inventory documentation of organization’s hardware, software, and SAS.
Service Desk Support (40%)
- Actively support a portfolio of applications by fielding incoming service desk tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within mission-critical systems.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, to arrive at final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including leadership, end users, and department heads.
- Support other members of the team in interdependent projects and tasks.
Training and Communication (10%)
- Formulate and conduct training sessions and develop teaching materials for propagating enterprise software applications knowledge throughout the organization.
- Develop and maintain documentation on all supported systems to support knowledge transfer across the team and the organization.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications
Mission fit: Personal and professional alignment with ROC United’s mission and vision and
- At least two years of experience with application management with a strong customer service orientation
- Expert technical knowledge of and practical experience working with the following applications and services:
- EveryAction CRM
- WordPress CMS
- Track record writing HTML code
- Experience implementing digital security protocols
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; specific emphasis on accurate and detailed documentation
- Ability to present ideas with technical language in both a user-friendly and business-friendly manner
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on building rapport, listening, and problem solving
- Ability to master new programs and effectively research a wide range of computing issues
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing and executing tasks under pressure
- Ability to occasionally travel
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as business, information systems, or system design
- Experience working within a non-profit environment
- Understanding of database design principles
- Understanding the technology landscape of today’s campaign organizing tools
- Experience managing texting platforms and writing mobile flows
- Experience with SEO
ROC United’s benefits package includes medical and dental insurance; flexible spending account; and paid-time-off package. Preferred location for this job is in New York City, but working remotely from anywhere in the US is a possibility for the right candidate.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ candidates are encouraged to apply. In your cover letter, highlight how your professional experiences align with the required qualification profile of the position (focus specifically on your experience with EveryAction CRM) and send your cover letter and resume by September 26, 2018 as one PDF.