1035 Cambridge St., Suite 12
Provide day-to-day management of our innovative and growing Biomedical and IT Careers Programs. Get started by implementing and refining the Just A Start workforce development strategy for Education and Training programs to increase student access to career and post-secondary education opportunities.
· Oversee outreach, recruitment and selection of candidates as well as the job development and placement process
· Ensure training is aligned with industry need and assess input from program staff and employers to recommend program development initiatives
· Participate in budget preparation and assist in monitoring and maintaining appropriate oversight and cost controls
· Coordinate special events such as graduations, job fairs, advisory council, and alumni events
· Assist in report preparation - qualitative data and program highlights to be shared with funders
· Bachelor’s degree in a business or education field and a minimum of three years in a supervisory role, or equivalent
· Experience teaching or overseeing a program that serves a culturally diverse adult population
· Demonstrated ability to forge effective relationships with staff, participants and collateral agencies
· Knowledge of biotechnology or IT industry preferred
· Proficient in MS Office Suite
Just-A-Start (JAS) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to building a better future by providing affordable housing, education, training, community engagement and supportive services. Since 1970 JAS has been serving residents of Cambridge and surrounding communities to empower individuals and families to meet their potential. Visit us at www.justastart.org to learn more.
In addition to a competitive salary, JAS offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, PTO, 12 paid holidays and 401k with 3% employer contribution.
Minimum Education Required