275 5th Street
Renaissance seeks a Facilities and Operations Manager to take responsibility for all aspects of maintaining the organization’s physical plant, infrastructure and operations – both for the property we own in San Francisco’s South of Market (SOMA) as well as the program sites we lease in East Palo Alto, Richmond and San Francisco’s Bayview. The Facilities and Operations Manager is based in Renaissance’s SOMA facilities building and works from each remote site monthly. Our ideal new teammate is proactive, creative and collaborative, and takes pride in ensuring quality facilities and infrastructure for our programs, clients, tenants and staff. S/he shares the values of our passionate, fun and dedicated team: Entrepreneurship, Equity and Inclusion, Integrity, Optimism, People and Sustainability.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit working to create sustainable economic development through small business ownership. Renaissance owns our own 24,000 sq ft building in SOMA, which is the site of our headquarters as well. Our SOMA, Bayview and Mid-Pen sites host over 70 small business tenants in entrepreneurial communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Property Management - in stewardship of our SOMA headquarters and leased program sites:
· Provide strong administrative management of the building and facilities. Maintain up-to-date building maintenance and preventive maintenance schedules and procedures, including routine building inspections, oversight of security systems, plumbing and electrical systems, annual elevator, fire alarm system inspections and maintenance of mechanical logs for compliance, reporting, safety and quality assurance.
· Plan, budget and schedule facility modifications and capital improvements. Maintain compliance with government health and safety standards and relevant capital grants, including competitive bidding processes, and government grant compliance processes
· Work with municipal departments related to building permits and certifications
Operations – across Four Renaissance Offices
· Manage organization’s office services including telecommunications, copy services, mail and distribution, janitorial services, utilities, etc.
· Maintain appropriate insurance policies for Renaissance facilities and operations
· Support the coordination of administration between Renaissance’s multiple sites/facilities
· Manage vendors – electrical, photocopiers, telephones, technology consultants, handyman, janitorial, HVAC, etc. Oversee service contracts and equipment leases
· Maintain inventory of furniture, fixtures, equipment, technology and telephony and ensure FF&E and office supplies are purchased or leased efficiently and cost effectively
· Guide storage and document retention processes and procedures, archiving and records retrieval
· Work with IT consultants and service providers to maintain technology and telephony hardware and software for staff and clients
· Liaise between tech consultants, staff and tenants for intake and smooth technology and telephony systems
Tenant Relations – in support of 70+ commercial office tenants, parking tenants and short-term rentals.
· Manage tenancy relations and services, including leases, move-in, move-out, building policies, security, tenant payments and accounts, etc.
· Manage short-term rental program for leasing of conference rooms, office and classroom space to outside parties, through online marketing accounts.
· Act as first response for tenants addressing building and operations issues, and tenant services
Safety and Security
· Ensure implementation of policies and procedures to maintain workplace health and safety standards
· Work with vendors to manage security at all Renaissance sites (security cameras, building entry systems, alarm systems, etc.), train staff and tenants, and field calls from security vendors
· Manage health and safety procedures, implementation, communication and execution, including fire alarm systems, fire and earthquake drills, emergency evacuation procedures and policies
· Minimum of ten years demonstrated experience in the elements of property management and maintenance such as HVAC, elevator, electrical systems, operations, management and administration
· Track record working with sophisticated building systems, trades people and building vendors
· Strong written and oral communication, consensus-building, negotiation and facilitation skills; ability and interest in incorporating program staff needs and budget parameters to optimize Renaissance’s facilities
· Highly-organized self-starter with project management mind set and excellent follow-up skills and experience in PM software, ticketing systems
· Ability to work with financial reports, perform budgeting, manage aging tenant payments, forecast 3/5 year capital expenditures
· Experience in non-profit settings; exposure to capital grant solicitation and grant funds management
· Passion for entrepreneurship and economic development a plus; comfort working with the full diversity of Renaissance’s clients and tenants
· Valid California Drivers’ License and ability to work from each Renaissance site around the Bay Area at least once per month
· Work schedule is general business hours with on-call access and evening and weekend hours for rare building emergencies, tradespeople access, etc.
This full-time, exempt position includes a competitive salary based on experience with benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off, and holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Lisa Kirvin, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, 275 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Facilities and Operations Manager” in the email subject line. No telephone calls please.