Position: Director of Finance
Schedule: Full-time 40 hours
Supervisor: Executive Director
Location: Oakland, CA
Summary: East Bay College Fund is hiring a Director of Finance to support the growth of the organization. The position includes work on the day-to-day financial management of the organization, including budgeting, scholarship administration and human resources. The Director of Finance will work closely with the Executive Director, a Development Director, Operations Manager, Data Manager, and our Treasurer on the Board of Directors. The Finance Director reports to the Executive Director and gives regular reports to the Board of Directors.
Our Mission: The East Bay College Fund is a non-profit organization that helps resilient public school students, under-represented in higher education, access and succeed in college and expand their life opportunities. It aspires to involve the whole community in providing college access services, scholarships, mentoring, and support networks to assist young people in realizing their full potential.
East Bay College Fund is in a time of expansion to support the Oakland Promise, a cross-sector partnership with OUSD and the Oakland Mayor’s office.
• Manage A/R, A/P, month end close, reconciliations, etc.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
• Create, analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process.
• Work closely with senior leadership to plan and execute on growth initiatives.
• Update and implement all necessary business and accounting practices.
• Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the executive director and executive leadership team.
• Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting
• Develop long-term projections for the funding the Oakland Promise.
• Support scholarship payments.
• Supervise Finance Associate and Data team
• Other Duties as required
Human Resources and Administration
• Oversee East Bay College Fund’s human resources and administration.
• Coordinate payroll and benefits processing bi-monthly.
• Onboard new employees
• Ensures personnel records are complete, current and accurate, maintains vendor contracts, leasing agreements, etc.
• Maintains necessary insurance records
• Manage EBCF’s PTO accrual, 403B, health, and dental plans
• Other Duties as required.
Support Data Collection and Analysis
• Work with the Data Team to determine our progress towards scholarship and persistence goals
• Support development of Dashboards and metrics for program development and to easily explain our impact and tell the organization's story
• Support events – both programs for students and fundraising to track participation, funds, and goal attainment
• Minimum of a B.A., ideally in accounting or related field
• Minimum of 4+ years of broad nonprofit financial and operations management experience
• Experience in education and/or scholarship management highly desirable
• Previous experience in final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination and human resources preferred
• Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues
• Technology savvy; knowledge of accounting and reporting software- we use Quickbooks
• A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
• Passionate commitment to college access for all people.
• Ability to prioritize, multi task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. (We are a small staff team, very dedicated to our work!)
• Must demonstrate initiative, a willingness to pitch in, and have a sense of humor!
East Bay College Fund is a fun-loving, dedicated, diverse team of professionals, volunteers, and partners committed to tripling the number of college graduates in Oakland and expanding young people's potential. If that sounds like you- join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds. Candidates are evaluated solely on their qualifications to perform the work required.
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Diane Dodge, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org NO CALLS please. Thank you!
Minimum Education Required