125 Maiden Lane
Part-Time Development Assistant
Equality Now is seeking an organized, detail-oriented individual to serve in a part-time role (between 15-20 hours/week) supporting the organization’s Development Team. Reporting to the Development and Communications Associate, the Development Assistant will be responsible for gift processing, event support, research and other essential administrative functions. Based in New York City, the Development Assistant is an integral member of the Development team, working with EN staff in our New York, London and Nairobi offices.
This is an exciting, flexible opportunity for someone eager to advance women’s rights and make the world better for women and girls.
Founded in 1992, Equality Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to ensuring that women and girls around the world can live their lives free from violence and discrimination. Combining grassroots activism with international, regional and national legal advocacy, we envision a world in which women and men have equal rights under the law and full enjoyment of those rights. Our issue areas encompass Legal Equality, Justice for Girls, and End Harmful Practices, End Sex Trafficking and End Sexual Violence.
- Oversee all aspects of gift processing on a consistent and timely basis, including but not limited to: compiling details from online and offline gifts received, gift entry into the database, reporting on gifts received and reconciliation with finance;
- Administer gift acknowledgement process in a timely, accurate and professional manner in coordination with the Development and Communications Associate;
- Manage approximately two dozen third party giving portals for Equality Now (including but not limited to Crowdrise, Network for Good, PayPal, and employee giving portals), including Equality Now’s representation on these platforms and managing all gifts received through these platforms;
- Manage general inquiries to Equality Now both online and by phone, providing information requested and/or screening and routing requests appropriately; and
- Assist in maintaining organized department files and records both online and offline.
Depending on interest and capacity, the Development Assistant may also:
- Provide support to the events team when needed, including but not limited to coordinating event logistics, organizing attendee lists, producing event-related materials, and conducting research for events and attendees;
- Report and analyze data out of Raiser’s Edge;
- Research individuals, corporations, and organizations to support ongoing fundraising efforts; and
- Assist with other projects and activities of the Development Department as may be needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, email management and internet research, experience with Google Suite a plus;
- Ability to be resourceful and solve problems;
- Excellent customer service orientation, ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders;
- Excellent proofreading, writing and verbal communications skills; and
- Ability to work independently.
Training in relevant tools and technologies, including Raiser’s Edge, will be provided.
- Fundraising or CRM database experience, knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus; and
- Interest in the human rights sector.
To apply: send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Part-Time Development Assistant” in the subject line. No calls please.
Equality Now is an Equal Opportunity employer. Employees are selected on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Weekly time estimates (12-19 hours)
Gift processing : 5 hours per week
**During Mid-Year/End of Year and Gala this could be up to 10 hours per week
Acknowledgement Letters: 2 hours per week
**During Mid-Year/End of Year and Gala this could be up to 4 hours
Manage Third Party Giving Portals: 2 hours per week
Manage and route General Inquiries: 2 hours per week
Organizing Dept. files and records: 1 hour per week
Based on capacity/interest: (5+ hours)
Provide support to the events team: based on event/timing but roughly 2 hours per week
**During Gala this could be up to 6 hours per week
Report and analyze data out of Raiser’s Edge: 1.5 hour per week
Research individuals, corporations, and organizations to support ongoing fundraising efforts: 1.5 hours per week
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the “Part-Time Development Assistant”
in the subject line. No calls please.
Equality Now is an Equal Opportunity employer. Employees are selected on the basis of ability without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.